Rob Rock?

Kimavir

Metal Hippy
Nov 13, 2003
I haven't heard any of his stuff, but all the loving he's getting has me interested. However, I was doing a bit of research and heard him labeled as "Christian". I don't have a problem with that word exactly, but it does worry me a little. Lyrics are pretty important to me, and I'm scared to spend money on some uninteresting religious songs. I'm a fan of Christians in a band, not really Christian bands. Its ok, great even, for a band to have religious ideas, overtones, and topics. However, it seems to me that most bands tagged as Christian bands cross the line into lyrical doldrums.

So... before I potentially waste my money... any opinions to help me out?

I'm also interested in suggestions on good introductory albums. Thanks!

Any of Rob's solo cds, or Impelliteri's Screaming Symphony, Answer to the Master, or Grin & Bear it. While I have a soft spot for Stryper (and I'm agnostic too! - :lol:) Rob's stuff is much less "in your face" if that kind of stuff bugs ya. Don't let any kind of message stop you from enjoying any of Rock's tunes.

To me every band is preaching something that is important to them. Sometimes it is political, sometimes its a subject in life that they want to touch on. For some bands it is a total sci-fi personal made up universe that difines who the band is ect. I have a strong church background but for me i have realized that i dont have to believe or do what a band sings about or stands for to enjoy their music. I am a huge fan of the best Dark Power Metal Band In The World Morgana Lefay! I am a Slayer, Exodus, Heathen ect fan from all the way back in the day ect. With all that said trust me Rob Rock is not over the top in your face and by the time he and his band are done scull bashing you with some great metal you will be a fan! Holy hell, garden of chaos give them a spin i think you will like them.

Awesome, think you guys have convinced me. Like I said, I don't mind a Christian message. I hate lyrics that are just about how great Satan is too, lol. As long as there's something deeper here (and the music rocks), count me in. Thanks for the reassurance J-Dubya.

Deathzilla, I totally agree with you on enjoying music you might not believe in. It's just that I wanted to avoid spending my money if the lyrics were particularly dumb :D. Rhapsody may have really silly lyrics from time to time, but at least they're funny. Bad lyrics in a Christian or anti-Christian song just annoy me.

I haven't heard any of his stuff, but all the loving he's getting has me interested. However, I was doing a bit of research and heard him labeled as "Christian". I don't have a problem with that word exactly, but it does worry me a little. Lyrics are pretty important to me, and I'm scared to spend money on some uninteresting religious songs. I'm a fan of Christians in a band, not really Christian bands. Its ok, great even, for a band to have religious ideas, overtones, and topics. However, it seems to me that most bands tagged as Christian bands cross the line into lyrical doldrums.

Try Rage of Creation first. Great album especially Streets of Madness

Kimavir, Rob isn't over the top when reflecting his beliefs in his music. As far as where to start, buy his Rage of Creation disc. If you like that one, then you'll dig Rob to no end! Deathzilla, you and I sound like we're on the same page on this subject. I too have grown up going to church and still do as a 31 year old. With that said, I just have to keep bands in perspective and know I don't have to buy into every idea that's thrown my way. That can be applied to just about anything ranging from religion to politics.

~Brian~

He is a Christian in a metal band and always has been. However, he DOES let his lyrics do the talking for him. He was very laid-back and down to earth when I met him, and totally non-preachy, if that helps you at all. He sings with the courage of his convictions. Remember Theocracy, anyone? Let's not forget they are also Christians in a metal band and we all know how hard they can rock! So praise the Lord and turn it up!:headbang::kickass::worship:

Any of Rob's solo cds, or Impelliteri's Screaming Symphony, Answer to the Master, or Grin & Bear it. While I have a soft spot for Stryper (and I'm agnostic too! - :lol:) Rob's stuff is much less "in your face" if that kind of stuff bugs ya. Don't let any kind of message stop you from enjoying any of Rock's tunes.
Amen to hat! I am a MAJOR Stryper fan myself, and Rob's act is WAY toned down compared to theirs. BTW, Stryper should be touring later this year!:headbang:

Amen to hat! I am a MAJOR Stryper fan myself, and Rob's act is WAY toned down compared to theirs. BTW, Stryper should be touring later this year!:headbang:

I'm a Stryper fan, but it drives me nuts how some people want to compare every "Christian" metal band to them. :rolleyes: Please don't put the "yellow and black" attack off on Rob! :p He's not a gimmick.

~Brian~

How about some Tom Sawyer.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaPWkzmkukg&feature=related[/ame]

I'm a Stryper fan, but it drives me nuts how some people want to compare every "Christian" metal band to them. :rolleyes: Please don't put the "yellow and black" attack off on Rob! :p He's not a gimmick.

~Brian~
He's not a gimmick at all, and Stryper have largely dropped the stripes routine fron their repertoire in the past decade or so.

Check out Holy Hell. that thing will rip your face off. Gus G from Firewind wrote a song with him on his latest cd its pretty rippin as well.