Christian metal you like

You didn't say that at all, and that statement demands qualification. I can see how describing religion as a negative force could conceivably be a Christian thing, but that absolutely demands explanation.

I don't wanna pollute this thread, but I will just quickly say that religion is primarily a set of actions and rituals thought to earn the favor of the god of a given religion. Christianity claims that God has done the "work" and offers humans a relationship with himself, not based on what we do, but based on what he did. Religion also becomes man manipulating man. Christianity is not supposed to be that, though it happens because it has humans in it. If you want to discuss this more I suggest you PM me or bring it up in an appropriate thread in the Social Forum.

I don't wanna pollute this thread, but I will just quickly say that religion is primarily a set of actions and rituals thought to earn the favor of the god of a given religion. Christianity claims that God has done the "work" and offers humans a relationship with himself, not based on what we do, but based on what he did. Religion also becomes man manipulating man. Christianity is not supposed to be that, though it happens because it has humans in it. If you want to discuss this more I suggest you PM me or bring it up in an appropriate thread in the Social Forum.

That's the Evangelical Christian interpretation of the word religion... not the definition of the word as commonly used by most people. As such Evangelical Christianity along with Catholicism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Satanism, et al all fall under the standard definition of the term religion.

That's the Evangelical Christian interpretation of the word religion... not the definition of the word as commonly used by most people. As such Evangelical Christianity along with Catholicism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Satanism, et al all fall under the standard definition of the term religion.

Agreed, for the most part. But as regards those Virgin Black lyrics, I believe mine is the definition they were implying, thus it could be interpreted as anti-religion while not being anti-Christian.

I would argue Christianity is still a religion in the vein of Catholicism or Judaeism, since it requires non-Biblical books to explain away the portions of scripture that various denominational doctrines conflict with.

Edit: Ack feel free to PM me to not derail the thread.

Yeah, but what is Christianity? Is it this or that denomination? I would say it is not. I would say, in the most basic sense, it is simply belief in what the bible says, and a willingness to realize you will never fully understand the whole thing.

Betrayal:

Sweet intro
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpBckX9r4Fc&feature=related[/ame]

Leads into this song.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AClWKf4cKCc&feature=related[/ame]

Epic song
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iue1G1Fxzbs&feature=related[/ame]

Cool song from their demo days, re-recorded

Last edited by a moderator: