Rock Fever (Oklahoma) - check out this lineup!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
I apologize if this is old news, but I just ran across this website/festival today. I just about passed out when I saw the line-up ...

http://www.rockfeverfest.com

Friday, July 13
12:45 - 1:15 ZENDOZER
1:45 - 2:30 GREG LEON INVASION
4:15 - 5:00 WHITE LION
5:30 - 6:30 Y & T
(National Anthem)
7:00 - 8:00 SLAUGHTER
8:30 - 9:30 QUIET RIOT
10:00 - 11:00 RATT
11:30 - 1:00 POISON

Saturday, July 14
10:00 - 10:45 36 INCHES
11:55 - 12:40 BANG TANGO
1:00 - 1:45 BULLET BOYS
2:05 - 2:50 FASTER PUSSYCAT
3:10 - 3:55 ENUFF Z NUFF
4:15 - 5:00 FIREHOUSE
5:30 - 6:30 WARRANT
(National Anthem)
7:00 - 8:00 SKID ROW
8:30 - 9:30 WINGER
10:00 - 11:00 DOKKEN
11:30 - 1:00 VINCE NEIL

Sunday, July 15
9:30 - 10:00 SOULRIDER
10:30 - 11:00 PEDAL POINT
12:20 - 1:10 STEELHEART
1:30 - 2:15 BRITNY FOX
2:45 - 3:45 LA GUNS
4:15 - 5:15 GREAT WHITE
(National Anthem)
5:45 - 6:45 JACKYL
7:15 - 8:30 WASP
9:00 - 10:30 TWISTED SISTER

I am so going to this!!! All of my favorite hair bands are going to be there, I shall not miss it. If anyone else is going to this, let me know.

ROCK ON! :headbang:

Nathan

It is a good lineup and I'll be glad to be there although several I would love to see like say Rhino Bucket, Tesla, Kix, Dirty Looks, or Dangerous Toys aren't there.

Interestingly enough I talked to Jason McMaster this past week, who tours with his band Broken Teeth about how come Dangerous Toys isn't on the festival. He says they were approached by the promoter but when they asked for enough of a fee so they could have most of the original band members there the promoter was no longer interested. Considering how many thousands of fans (now projected in the 40,000 mark, man am I glad I got a 4th row ticket :headbang: despite it's high cost) are coming to this the promoters probably got most bands at good prices (Because DT didn't ask for that much considering - I know this is hearsay since this came to me from another person) and will/should make a killing. Maybe they can do this again next year and consider investing that money to bring some different but still good bands.

Swordlord (and anyone else that might like to know), I've heard that all hotels are booked within a 50 to 70 mile radius of this little town so you may want to consider camping if you want to avoid what will surely be heavy traffic 2 lane roads.

I understand they are spending 1 million dollars renovating the venue to better accomadate the expected 60,000+ rockers. Also, I've read that parts of the show will at some point air on VH-1 and Pay Per View.

I'll be there much like the Twisted Christmas show in Minnesota, where any time Twisted Sister is within 500 miles of my house, I am there. Maybe, I'll see you there.

Saturday, July 14
::5:30 - 6:30 WARRANT
-->(National Anthem) What...the...Fuck...?

7:00 - 8:00 SKID ROW
10:00 - 11:00 DOKKEN

Sunday, July 15

7:15 - 8:30 WASP
9:00 - 10:30 TWISTED SISTER

This is all I would be able to stomach from this show. Dokken, WASP, and Skid Row are the only bands on this list that I could enjoy. Twisted Sister I would watch just for the hell of it. I only kept Warrant on there to point out the dumb idea of playing the National Anthem. Ugh...

Definately not my type of fest. This is how I picture it...

A few metalheads, you know, the ones who enjoy these bands but still know what's up. SwordLord would be an example. These will be few and far between.

You will see a lot of beer gut guys and muscle macho types here. Mostly with bad hair if they still think this is the greatest music ever and it will probably look like it hasn't been washed since these bands were at their height.

Many of the people at this show will have 'grown' past this music and only view it as a nostalgia bit (which it is...) These are the people that will latch on to "new thing". For example, the cool thing now is to like The White Stripes and uhh...I'm not sure...I don't keep my finger on the Pop Culture Pulse. I do know that a few years ago, Limp Bizkit was everyones favourite band. Now where are they? Does anyone care? People are embarassed to say that they liked this band. No different with these hair bands really. This isn't to necessarily knock the hair bands, only a comment on the fickleness of so many.

Let's see...what else...

Women in their old (or...gasp..new)..giant pink Bon Jovi shirts with holes all over them and their really washed out tight jeans. Many of these will be exposing themselves over the weekend. Many will be completely sloshed...yikes (and usually not attractive mind you!)

So basically...a nightmare.

This is all I would be able to stomach from this show. Dokken, WASP, and Skid Row are the only bands on this list that I could enjoy. Twisted Sister I would watch just for the hell of it. I only kept Warrant on there to point out the dumb idea of playing the National Anthem. Ugh...

Definately not my type of fest. This is how I picture it...

A few metalheads, you know, the ones who enjoy these bands but still know what's up. SwordLord would be an example. These will be few and far between.

You will see a lot of beer gut guys and muscle macho types here. Mostly with bad hair if they still think this is the greatest music ever and it will probably look like it hasn't been washed since these bands were at their height.

Many of the people at this show will have 'grown' past this music and only view it as a nostalgia bit (which it is...) These are the people that will latch on to "new thing". For example, the cool thing now is to like The White Stripes and uhh...I'm not sure...I don't keep my finger on the Pop Culture Pulse. I do know that a few years ago, Limp Bizkit was everyones favourite band. Now where are they? Does anyone care? People are embarassed to say that they liked this band. No different with these hair bands really. This isn't to necessarily knock the hair bands, only a comment on the fickleness of so many.

Let's see...what else...

Women in their old (or...gasp..new)..giant pink Bon Jovi shirts with holes all over them and their really washed out tight jeans. Many of these will be exposing themselves over the weekend. Many will be completely sloshed...yikes (and usually not attractive mind you!)

So basically...a nightmare.

Wow Mosquito, you should be the PR for this show! :lol:

~Brian~

Actually you might be surprised who shows up, a lot of younger metal heads that NEVER got to see bands like many that are playing the festival. Most older fans don't always travel so well nor do the big GA festival things because of the lack of comfort like seats and so on, and for that reason I expect a fairly significant younger group there. There will be sure to be some local mullets and aging rockers :zombie: there too, but I will try to take some crowd photos while I am there.

Actually, I think Mosquito's analysis is quite accurate from the GA club shows I've been to that featured 80s bands of old. Don't forget that they all hang out at the bar during all of the opening bands and finally make their way to the stage for the headliners they came to see by the end of the night pissed drunk. His numbers are just off. The people that have grown past this music will be the minority and the 2nd group will be the majority.

Most older fans don't always travel so well nor do the big GA festival things because of the lack of comfort like seats and so on, and for that reason I expect a fairly significant younger group there.

Those are the two main reasons why I won't go, but I'm only 31. Outdoor festivals just flat out don't appeal to me. I'm kind of a poodle though! :lol:

~Brian~

Sounds cool. Howard Stern had Dee Snider on today and Dee mentioned this. Dee called it Rocklahoma. Glad to see the US getting some festival style shows this year...Now just bring them to the west coast.