Rush single released today

See You In Hell

Is this the real McCoy?
Feb 13, 2007
five-venoms.spaces.live.com
The new Rush single, "Far Cry", from their forthcoming album "Snakes and Arrows" is out today. Have you heard it? It can be found at: http://www.rush.com/

What do you think? Complete tour dates aren't announced as of yet but should be soon (I hope). I've seen these guys on every tour since "Signals" in 1982 and can't wait to add another show to that list! Happy, happy! Joy, joy! :headbang:

The new Rush single, "Far Cry", from their forthcoming album "Snakes and Arrows" is out today. Have you heard it? It can be found at: http://www.rush.com/

What do you think? Complete tour dates aren't announced as of yet but should be soon (I hope). I've seen these guys on every tour since "Signals" in 1982 and can't wait to add another show to that list! Happy, happy! Joy, joy! :headbang:

Oh, yeah! Can't wait, if it's anywhere near as good as Vapor Trails, it should rock! I've been huge Rush-head since I can remember and I've also seen every single tour since Signals as well, just missed being able to see Moving Pictures tour, though I've probably watched and listened to Exit Stage Left more than any other record I own. Yes, Yes! :headbang: Happy, Happy! :loco: Joy, Joy! :kickass:

Hmmm... It sounds like "Earthshine" and "Hemispheres" had a baby, which is cool. But is it me or does the production sound kind of muddy? Thank goodness there's a "sort-of" guitar solo, though. I hope there's more on the CD.

~C

Hmmm... It sounds like "Earthshine" and "Hemispheres" had a baby, which is cool. But is it me or does the production sound kind of muddy? Thank goodness there's a "sort-of" guitar solo, though. I hope there's more on the CD.

~C
not muddy (I hate that word). The phrase I think is densely layered. "Muddy" suggests no rhyme or reason.Either way, New Rush always equals kick buttocks

Still the undisputed Kings!......as expected.

And yes Vapor Trails had great tunes and a terrible mix.

The MP3 streaming audio we heard was a good indication of how much productions has improved for this new record!

Can't wait!

:headbang:

And yes Vapor Trails had great tunes and a terrible mix.

I'm not quite sure if the mix was horrible, I sort of got the impression that it was done to be played on equipment that isn't in the common household. Seemed to me there were a lot of "layers" that my stereo didn't do justice to.

not muddy (I hate that word). The phrase I think is densely layered. "Muddy" suggests no rhyme or reason.Either way, New Rush always equals kick buttocks

"Densely layered", to me, is just a nice way of saying, "muddy." Whatever you want to call it, parts of Vapor Trails sound muddy and I hope they don't use the same type of production or mix or whatever it is.

~C

"Densely layered", to me, is just a nice way of saying, "muddy." Whatever you want to call it, parts of Vapor Trails sound muddy and I hope they don't use the same type of production or mix or whatever it is.

~C

I do have to say, Rush, doesn't densely layer their music as much anymore. Its very stripped sounding, perhaps so they can play it live. That said, Rush is a legendary band that writes great songs -- just songs perhaps not fitting to the masses reading this forum. I do have to agree that the new single doesn't thrill me like the rest of their songs do, sans anything on Vapor Trail (which didn't thrill me either). Test for Echo was Rush's last truly legendary album.

If it wasn't for my discovery of Rush, I probably wouldn't be posting on this forum today. I'm sure many reading here are in the same boat.

The Michael