Russell not in Beyond Twilight....dammit

Taliwakker

Feb 1, 2004
Canberra, Australia
from Blabbermouth

Danish metallers BEYOND TWILIGHT have dismissed widespread rumors that their upcoming album will feature the vocal talents of SYMPHONY X frontman Russell Allen.

"The rumors spreading like wildfire about Russell Allen as new vocalist in BEYOND TWILIGHT were true for a while, but have now been cancelled," the group said in a statement. "Because of Russell Allen's busy schedule with SYMPHONY X, his solo project, numerous other projects and features on numerous other albums about to be released, the band has found it hard to work with Russell and have cancelled their plans with him as new vocalist."

Although the band's debut album, 2001's "The Devil's Hall Of Fame", featured MASTERPLAN/ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN frontman Jorn Lande, "BEYOND TWILIGHT have kept focus on getting a permanent member of the band — not a 'project singer' or a vocalist appearing everywhere, and has found what they were looking for," the group said. "Stay tuned for somewhat of a news bomb, as we'll reveal the dark secrets of the name of the new acclaimed vocalist."

With regards to the upcoming CD, the band write, "Finn Zierler [keyboardist/main composer] went out of his way to create the new masterpiece. The songs came together in three very different stages, which saw Finn isolated from the surroundings. The first stage took place in a dark attic for three days, then Finn was submerged into a cold lake for another couple of days, and finally walking around the streets of London, living in cardboard boxes for four days. No musical instruments were at hand during these sessions, so Finn wrote down all the music on sheet paper, thus creating what is going to become the new BEYOND TWILIGHT opus."

This is unfortunate.....The Devil's Hall of Fame was awesome,,,mainly becuase of Jorn....and Russ would have been the perfect replacement....maybe he didn't want to go live in cardboard boxes for four days :confused:

The whole thing is written already, Finn writes the lyrics and music.

I actually would rather hear someone new rather than Russell. There is only so much saturation one can take. That is why I got tired of Jorn. Strang though, I am not tired of Dan Swano - maybe thats because all his projects are so varied.

Andy Engberg used to sing for Twilight (pre-Beyond Twilight) and he did a great job singing, but it ended up being a so-so disc.

It would be completely awesome if Goran Edman could sing (former Yngwie and current Karmakanic). He has a voice.

But finding someone totally new would be even better, because Finn would choose someone excellent.

Sorry, that went all over the place.

Soul of Ice said:
The whole thing is written already, Finn writes the lyrics and music.

I actually would rather hear someone new rather than Russell. There is only so much saturation one can take. That is why I got tired of Jorn. Strang though, I am not tired of Dan Swano - maybe thats because all his projects are so varied.

Andy Engberg used to sing for Twilight (pre-Beyond Twilight) and he did a great job singing, but it ended up being a so-so disc.

It would be completely awesome if Goran Edman could sing (former Yngwie and current Karmakanic). He has a voice.

But finding someone totally new would be even better, because Finn would choose someone excellent.

Sorry, that went all over the place.

Goran Edman is awesome.