Ryche Mindcrime II

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Unfortunately I missed the Ryche show, three weeks back. In retrospect, I was looking forward to seeing Van Halen. After it was all said & done, I'm thinking I should have checked out Ryche. They played a hits set, followed by the MC from start to finish... I guess at the end they ran like a mini-trailier of what's to come for the sequel. People are going bananas over it.
Damn! :cry: I should made it there instead. Live & learn, I suppose. What do you all think of this?!

As the resident Mindcrime freak here, i for one, am VERY worried. Afterall, they made Q2K. I'm trying my hardest to stay optimistic, but my God....they made Q2K!! They haven't made an album worthy of the Queensryche name since Promised Land, that was 10 years ago!

Please guys, PLEEEEEASE, don't fuck this up, unless you want to see a 19 year old cry.

"Operation Mindcrime" has a legendary status among metal fans and rightly so! Its one of the best metal albums that ever has been released. And there are a lot of people who consider it to be the best metal album.

I don't know if Queensryche realizes this. But I surly hope they do. It will anger a lot of people [including me!] if they fuck this up! When before metalheads simply ignored them for releasing piles of shit instead of high quality metal albums [aint we a nice bunch of civilized people?] this time things could go dreadfully wrong.

I predict a lot of unrest and hatred towards Queensryche if they botch this project. I for one would be furious if they would ruin, may I even say desecrate, the memory of "Operation Mindcrime". Queensryche could well become the second most hated "Metal?" band in the biz. That can't be good!

They are taking a very slippery slope here. Sure, I'll give the new record a chance, but if they fuck it up, they better have the grace to quit and do something usefull with their lives!

Hawk said:
"Operation Mindcrime" has a legendary status among metal fans and rightly so! Its one of the best metal albums that ever has been released. And there are a lot of people who consider it to be the best metal album.

I don't know if Queensryche realizes this. But I surly hope they do. It will anger a lot of people [including me!] if they fuck this up! When before metalheads simply ignored them for releasing piles of shit instead of high quality metal albums [aint we a nice bunch of civilized people?] this time things could go dreadfully wrong.

I predict a lot of unrest and hatred towards Queensryche if they botch this project. I for one would be furious if they would ruin, may I even say desecrate, the memory of "Operation Mindcrime". Queensryche could well become the second most hated "Metal?" band in the biz. That can't be good!

They are taking a very slippery slope here. Sure, I'll give the new record a chance, but if they fuck it up, they better have the grace to quit and do something usefull with their lives!
As always, well said Hawk! :worship:
I agree with every word.

Wicked Child said:
As the resident Mindcrime freak here, i for one, am VERY worried. Afterall, they made Q2K. I'm trying my hardest to stay optimistic, but my God....they made Q2K!! They haven't made an album worthy of the Queensryche name since Promised Land, that was 10 years ago!

Please guys, PLEEEEEASE, don't fuck this up, unless you want to see a 19 year old cry.

Amen, brother! Speak tha' truth! :Spin:

I am sceptical as well. While I saw Q perform in April (with SymX opening) and it was a good show by Queensryche, I don't think that they have it anymore.

Also, it irks me a bit when we all heard those comments from Geoff Tate about a year ago saying that he, 'Never really liked Metal at all...'
So with that in mind you're going to make a sequel to an album that you did that in my eyes, is pretty friggin' Metal. Uhhh, I don't get you, Geoff. Oh wait, yes I do...

*Insert the first ten seconds of the Pink Floyd song "Money" *

:D

Yeah, I get you now, Geoff! Good luck to you because I won't be buying it!

HITN & Q2K= :puke: :puke: :puke:

Yep, if they mess this project up, it's "sacrilege" for sure. I still hope the best and sure will give my fav 80's band a good chance !!

Queensryche are my favourite band. "Operation: Mindcrime II" is the most anticipated album right now. "Operation: Mindcrime" is my favourite album ever.
BUT
I totally DO NOT CARE if it will be a load of shit. It wont change my mind about the band, and it wont alter the love i feel about their first 6 albums. And why it should change all these? My thoughts about Queensryche are STANDARD, and nothing will change them , even a bad sequel to my favourite album. Not to say that i believe that it will be a GOOD album.

IOfTheStorm said:
I totally DO NOT CARE if it will be a load of shit. It wont change my mind about the band, and it wont alter the love i feel about their first 6 albums. And why it should change all these? My thoughts about Queensryche are STANDARD, and nothing will change them , even a bad sequel to my favourite album. Not to say that i believe that it will be a GOOD album.
Brilliantly stated.
The same goes for Metallica. Sure, they suck now....but their old records are still untarnished classics.

Anyway, the latest QR disc, "Tribe", was fantastic. If Mindcrime II is as good, I'll be very satisfied. QR's only dud was the "Q2K" record, IMO.

There is no way in hell that QR will be able to pull this off! They have not put out anything worth listening to in a decade. And now they're suddenly going to be able to recapture the energy and creativity needed to make what is supposedly the second coming of Mindcrime? No way! They know that their career is on the downward slope & they're just trying to cash in before it's too late.

wdiv said:
There is no way in hell that QR will be able to pull this off! They have not put out anything worth listening to in a decade. And now they're suddenly going to be able to recapture the energy and creativity needed to make what is supposedly the second coming of Mindcrime? No way! They know that their career is on the downward slope & they're just trying to cash in before it's too late.
I disagree with this comment:
"They have not put out anything worth listening to in a decade."

However, I agree completely with this one:
"They know that their career is on the downward slope & they're just trying to cash in before it's too late."