SABATON: The Great War

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SABATON TO RELEASE THE GREAT WAR ALBUM IN JULY; ARTWORK VIDEO TRAILER STREAMING

"...Swedish heavy metal heroes, Sabaton, have revealed the title and artwork for their new studio, to be released in summer 2019. This ninth full length record, that will see the light of day right in time for the band’s 20th anniversary, will be a concept album named The Great War, covering stories from the First World War....The Great War will be available worldwide through Nuclear Blast Records on July 19th and pre-orders start on April 19th, so watch out for limited and exclusive editions...."

sabcdapr19.jpg

Reactions: NorseBlood
Awesome. Now get them for PPUISA 2020, perhaps either a fan's choice setlist or an album in its entirety.

Or are they at the stage where they don't need PPUSA to headline an Atlanta club?

Last edited:
Would love a return to PPUSA, but they might be too big now. I would think by now they could definitely headline an Atlanta club...

SABATON Start Pre-Order For New Studio Album, The Great War

They've already co-headlined the Buckhead Theater with Kreator, so they could certainly headline the Masquerade (Heaven stage) or perhaps even Center Stage on their own.

Actually, in 2011, I did see them headline the Hell stage at the Masquerade, and if I remember, attendance was relatively light, probably b/c it was their first major US tour. Thus it's good to see that the effort they've put in over the years is paying off. In addition to the 2013 edition of PPUSA, they've had solid runs opening for Iced Earth and Nightwish.

My dream would be to see them at a major US venue, so that they could bring their tank stage set as they have in Europe. But unless they are able to hook with a major metal band, able to headline arenas and/or sheds (bands like Metallica, for Disturbed) that's going to be unlikely. Iron Maiden would have been perfect, but nepotism is the order of the day, as their opener is The Raven Age, formed by Steve Harris' son. I can't blame Steve for giving his offspring a platform for a bigger audience, but many fans would like to see a slightly more established act get a break in the US.

Reactions: NorseBlood
Love the new track "Bismarck".
Its sort of a shame a band as talented as Sabaton hasn't cracked the big time here. However there are so many talented metal bands in the same situation. But we all know what we like don't we & we don't need no stinkin music establishment to tell us either.

SABATON Car Crash In Tunisia! All OK, But Bruised

SABATON, touring in support of their new album, The Great War, were involved in a vehicular incident in Tunisia last week. According to their Facebook page:

“Two days ago in Tunisia we were involved in a serious traffic incident upon our return from a video shoot in the Sahara desert. We are all broken, badly beaten, bleeding and stitched up, but happy to be alive and confident that we will be fully recovered over time. However, after consulting medical expertise and evaluating all our injuries we are sure that we cannot do the scheduled concert in Poland today without risk of consequential injuries. We will be back with full force in October for the North American tour and will return to Gdansk as soon as possible. Until then we would like to share a few of our private images from the filming in Sahara and the accident. Thanks for understanding.”

5D6C40A4-sabaton-car-crash-in-tunisia-all-ok-but-bruised-image.jpg

SabatonCrash19.jpg

Sabaton celebrated the band’s 20th anniversary at the 30th edition of Wacken Open Air with a set packed with highlights and surprises. Watch three songs from this epic two hours below, and find the complete show here.

What a great album. Sabaton have to be the hardest working band ever. Constantly touring and putting out discs on a regular basis. They are not doing anything new here but I feel like over time they have become more polished. This disc is short and to the point and the songs are fun and catchy. Production is top notch. I have been a fan of these guys since the beginning and they are still going strong. Highly recommended.