Satan's Top Forty

duellist

Apr 15, 2001
Ingle Farm, SA, Aust
Visit site
I got the movie Little Nicky on DVD today. It has a cool Doco called "Satan's top 40", it has such greats as Dio, Gene Simmons, Ozzy and Zack. Its very good and does a geat explaination about why all good Metal started in the UK eg Sabbath, Purple, Maiden and Priests.

As Bart says on the Simpsons (and I dont think ANYONE has ever said it better than this.....................)

"All the best bands are affiliated with Satan".
:D

Hehehe... Simpsons quotes for all occasions:

"And remember. Lie, cheat, steal and listen to heavy metal music!"

"Oh Marge, I went to thousands of heavy metal concerts and it never hurt me."
(Screeching feedback)
"I hear ya."

"Why d'you need new bands? Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974."

"I used to rock and roll all night and party ev-ery day. Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Hehehe... Simpsons quotes for all occasions:

"I used to rock and roll all night and party ev-ery day. Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

My all-time favorite (with the possible exception of "mmmm...something")

"Theres only one thing to do in a situation like this.....Strut".
(followed by the stayin alive music)

Not really rock, but its funny :D

"This is a rock concert, not the bleedin splish splash show..."

"We are very big in Bulgaria, and that other Garia...."
"Hungaria"
"Thats it".

"You know, people think theres only 4 members of Spinal Tap, but they are wrong..................................................Hello????? Thats the cue for you to turn the house lights on so we can tell the crowd they are the fifth member of the freakin group".

"Goodnight Springton, there will be no encore....."

All from the mighty spinal tap of course :D
"No, NO, dont stop a rockin!!!" From homer.

Thats about all the rock quotes I can think of from the simpsons at the moment. Ahh this thread was good for a laugh, the simpsons rule :D

There was also the band that played at the church in the episode where Ned's wife died - had the same name as a metal band (Covenant?) but was a churchie band.

Sorry, can't remember any quotes from that episode :(

Of course, everyone knows that the best episodes are the ones that have "Planet of the Apes" references - the one where Homer becomes an astronaut (can't remember the exact line, but it went something like, "The only thing I'm afraid of is that fearsome planet of the apes... hang on, statue of liberty... that was OUR planet!! You blew us up! Damn you all to hell!!") and the one where Troy McClure stars in the musical, "Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off!".

"That was OUR planet!!" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I loved that bit :D

Anyone remember the poison cover band "Cyanide"???? Especially when the drummer stands up, waves to the crowd and goes "We need a ride home!!!" :D