SAVATAGE - Vintage Wacken Compilation Due Out In June

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
http://bravewords.com/news/savatage-vintage-wacken-compilation-due-out-in-june

"To celebrate the reunion at Wacken this August, EarMUSIC will issue Return To Wacken on June 19th, featuring a selection of songs from the Floridians' previous appearances at the prestigious German festival, in 1998 (!) and 2002. Besides greatest hits, such as “Hall Of The Mountain King”, “Gutter Ballet”, or “The Wake Of Magellan”, the album booklet gives some real insights into the band with personal memories by Jon Oliva, rare pictures and press quotes."

Return To Wacken tracklist:

“Hall Of The Mountain King”
“Gutter Ballet”
“Believe”
“Chance”
“Edge Of Thorns”
“The Wake Of Magellan”
“Dead Winter Dead”
“The Hourglass”
“Tonight He Grins Again”
“Prelude To Madness”
“When the Crowds Are Gone“

I'm not sure I completely understand this release. Is it a release of live songs from their Wacken performances (saw the 2002 one) or just a release of studio songs?

It's basically a collection of the studio versions of songs that Savatage performed at Wacken in the past, i.e., an attempt by earMUSIC to grab some quick cash. I don't see why anyone would buy it, as anybody who's into Savatage most likely has all of this material already.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

The way I read the press release it was going to be live material from past Wacken appearances, but that may have been my wishful thinking working overtime. If this is simply repackaged studio material then I can put together that playlist right now and make myself an "advanced copy".

Just to clear things up, I copied the following right from the earMUSIC website:

Finally! The wait has come to an end! The reunion of one of the world’s greatest progressive metal bands, anxiously awaited by fans, has moved within reach.
Now, in 2015, for the first time in over a decade, Savatage will return to the stage as part of a big live celebration at the Wacken Open Air.
To celebrate the reunion performance, SAVATAGE and earMUSIC releases the ultimate “Return To Wacken” on June 19th 2015 through earMUSIC. A selection of classic studio songs, that the band played live at Wacken in their now two historical shows at the world-famous Festival.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I love Savatage...I think everyone is clear about that at this point. With that said, this release is bullshit...there, I said it! Knowing my dumb ass, I'll buy it anyway, just to have everything. I need therapy. o_O

~Brian~

Well yes, one could look at it for the soulless cash in that it certainly is, but the fact that people are putting out Savatage music (even rehashed music) in 2015 makes me feel good.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Savatage music that needs to be released at this point is new Savatage music. Do we really need another compilation?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

As far as I'm concerned, the only Savatage music that needs to be released at this point is new Savatage music. Do we really need another compilation?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

HELL to the NO!!! :devil: