Saxon and Shadow Gallery.......

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
What do they have in common? They are both fantastic, super favorites of mine and they should headline a future ProgPower..what about it Glenn? I know Saxon could be hard to get, but seldom do they tour the States for such a legendary band (been dreaming of a Saxon-Priest-Maiden tour for a while, would have been happy if the Dickinson-Halford-Tate project could have happened at least). For Shadow Gallery it could be a great multi-vocalist farewell to Baker, samish as with Crimson Glory this year...although in my mind Baker was half of what Shadow Gallery was all about. RIP.

Noway first reply? I guess don't you know that Shadow Gallery does not play live and with the passing of Mike Baker not sure if they will do that or not with the next version of the band, we have all talked about it in depth over the last 10 years or so. I believe Glenn has an open invite for them just the same...

As so Saxon, I agree they would be a great headliner and would love to see them again...

Bear

Wasn't it mentioned on this board a few months back that Shadow Gallery has wanted to play at least a few live shows, and doing so would in itself be a kind of tribute to Mike Baker? If so, it seems like ProgPower would be pretty much the ideal place.

As for Saxon, they're a great band, and I'd love to see them personally, but I can't see them playing ProgPower. They do north american touring already, so the exclusivity factor isn't too high (and I'm guessing they could make more money doing their own headline show), and in terms of style and where they fit into the metal scene, it doesn't seem like a good fit for ProgPower.

As for Saxon, they're a great band, and I'd love to see them personally, but I can't see them playing ProgPower. They do north american touring already, so the exclusivity factor isn't too high (and I'm guessing they could make more money doing their own headline show), and in terms of style and where they fit into the metal scene, it doesn't seem like a good fit for ProgPower.

I don't agree that Saxon "do north American touring already". I mean, I don't think that one single show in New York and one single show in Texas in what, the last 5 years or so, can be considered real touring. Ands they never play in Canada either. I'd see them at ProgPower for sure.

I don't agree that Saxon "do north American touring already". I mean, I don't think that one single show in New York and one single show in Texas in what, the last 5 years or so, can be considered real touring. Ands they never play in Canada either. I'd see them at ProgPower for sure.

I admit I haven't been following their tour schedule extremely closely, but I remember them doing at least some north american touring every few years for the last decade... I can certainly imagine it wasn't incredibly comprehensive touring, but they had some presence at least. And don't get me wrong, I would personally love to see them play ProgPower... but I still think it would be a bit of a strange fit. It could run the risk of a Rage type situation. Although, if they were willing to play an earlier slot, like Virgin Steele did... 4th out of 6 maybe... that could conceivably be more feasible... and could draw some non-typical attendees who otherwise wouldn't have come, the way Mustasch did. But then, sometimes it can be a touchy issue to ask bands with seniority to play earlier slots... so who knows.

OMG:OMG:
SAXON SAXON SAXON SAXON............NEED I SAY MORE???? I MISSED THEM THIS YEAR...COME ON GLENN!! THAT WOULD BE SPECTACULAR!!!:kickass::headbang:
THEY ARE AMAZING LIVE!

:OMG:
You guys are not going to believe this: I just got off the phone with my buddy Taylor. He is at the Airport in Texas awaiting a flight to Cali when he suddenly see's SAXON!!! He called me and said hey Biff is here in this store ..I was like Hey let me say hi!!! (I met them and saw them at Wacken 07 at the pre- show and at the fest and worked on Nigel Glocker backstage) I went to see them specifically at WOA!! So whats he do? He hands the phone to Biff "freakin" Bifford :worship: and I was talking with one of my heros!!! He remembered me from the show and I aplogized that I cant see them tomorrow but he told me to look out for them soon on a tour here in the states maybe after Nov!!! I was estatic!! He was so cool and gave me over to Paul Quinn to chat for a min... He was oh the American girl at the Pre-show!! Hahaa! I make an impression!!!:headbang:
I am telling you I am still shaking like a leaf...I LOVE SAXON so much!!! Crazy that I posted a reply to this and then I get this call and was talking to them....how random is that?????? Freakin awesome!!! Thank you Taylor and SAXON!!!
SAXON RULE!!!!:headbang:

Noway first reply? I guess don't you know that Shadow Gallery does not play live and with the passing of Mike Baker not sure if they will do that or not with the next version of the band

Indeed :cry:

As for Saxon, I need to listen to them live, so yes they are a good call for any festival I can attend :saint:

Also I need:

Motorhead
Wolf
Astral Doors
Heaven & Hell
Blind Guardian
Roxxcalibur
Judas Priest
Alice Cooper
Cathedral
Candlemass
Dream Theater
The Flower Kings
Rata Blanca
Megadeth
Rush
Skyclad
Tyr

of course I like more bands but those are a must be for me right now :D

:OMG:
You guys are not going to believe this: I just got off the phone with my buddy Taylor. He is at the Airport in Texas awaiting a flight to Cali when he suddenly see's SAXON!!! He called me and said hey Biff is here in this store ..I was like Hey let me say hi!!! (I met them and saw them at Wacken 07 at the pre- show and at the fest and worked on Nigel Glocker backstage) I went to see them specifically at WOA!! So whats he do? He hands the phone to Biff "freakin" Bifford :worship: and I was talking with one of my heros!!!

Great story! I am a HUGE Saxon fan as well! They have been my favorite band since 1980 when I first picked up Wheels Of Steel on vinyl. Yes, I am that old!

Saw them about 6 or 7 times with the last one being just a few months ago in NYC at BB King's. Smallish club but it was packed and Saxon kicked ass as always. One day I am going to the U.K. to see them in front of their "home" crowd.

As for PP, this year will be my 8th in a row, and I would love to see Saxon play XI! I know they probably wouldn't fit with the crowd, but I would be willing to bet there would be more than a few new fans after seeing their amazing live set! I just hope the November US thing happens because I'll travel to see them once or twice again for sure! :headbang:

Less than 3 weeks to PP X! Can't wait! :kickass: