Scarsick (new Pain of Salvation album) artwork released

I think I listened to Be once, before I decided it was time for some Remedy Lane action, and swiftly swapped the discs. While I anticipate the next album, I'm quite certain they'll never top Remedy Lane in my book.

Everyone should own the BE DVD though.... In-Freakin-Credible!! :kickass:

Anyone really sat down and listened to the lyrics of Spitfall? I assume he's talking about the hypocrisy present in rap music and the lifestyles they have claimed to live and the lifestyles they now live. Pretty interesting, and I guess that explains the reason he "raps" in the song.

Yeah.. It's REALLY funny... :)

And Cribcaged is clearly making fun of MTV Cribs..

Fuck the Million Dollar Kitchens
Fuck the Al Pacino Posters
Fuck the drugs, the gold, the strip-poles
Fuck the Homies
Fuck the Posers

And disco queen is AWESOME! :)

The second half of the album is pretty "serious" though..

This album seems like it will be SWEET.
Does ANYONE have ANY idea where I can find a torrent, in mp3, ANYWHERE on the internet, plz help me out!!!
I found a torrent, so disregard the message.
Ya Scarsick will take some getting used to, the rap and the disco: not PoS, but I can get used to it, it has it's good sides, atleast the music is good ie: the instruments, and the vocals, but the lyrics weren't as deep and intricate as say Entropia or or BE's lyrics about mankind and humanity, which were really deep. These lyrics "Fuck the posers" and "Fuck the homies", not digging that at all...But it'll probably grow on me anyone, so ya...

Yeah.. It's REALLY funny... :)

And Cribcaged is clearly making fun of MTV Cribs..

Fuck the Million Dollar Kitchens
Fuck the Al Pacino Posters
Fuck the drugs, the gold, the strip-poles
Fuck the Homies
Fuck the Posers

And disco queen is AWESOME! :)

The second half of the album is pretty "serious" though..

After hearing Cribcaged, I'm fearing for Daniels life.
No one fucks with the homies and Al Pacino.
:(

My two cents on the album...

It's way better than Be. A lot of people hated Be, and even though I'm a huge PoS fan, I can barely stand it. There are some really awful parts on it in my opinion.

This album is not an entirely Bash on America show. It has more to do with problems in today's society and individuals formed by it. If you drop your pride for a second, and pay attention to the lyrics using some common sense, you'll probably end up agreeing with most that they say.

Regarding the track Spitfall, it's not meant to be taken as a serious song (musically). He's criticizing and making fun of the rappers/ghetto/hiphop guys (which in my opinion are all a bunch of fucking losers), check out the lyrics... It's pretty damn funny and it makes sense... Fuck those idiots!

Oh yeah, and disco Queen is one of the funniest things ever!! :lol:

If this was released under another band name it would be the biggest joke.

I love how some fans force themselves to attempt to "like" something, or listen repeatedly to "get it".

You know if you eat shit long enough you'll probably acquire a taste for that too.

If this was released under another band name it would be the biggest joke.

I love how some fans force themselves to attempt to "like" something, or listen repeatedly to "get it".

You know if you eat shit long enough you'll probably acquire a taste for that too.

You never heard an album that you had to listen to multiple times to enjoy? Pretty much all my favorite albums are like that..

Why are so bitter towards PoS anyway? you knew you wouldn't like it..so why bother?
Listening to 20 versions of the same Firewind album is a better use of your time.

You never heard an album that you had to listen to multiple times to enjoy? Pretty much all my favorite albums are like that..

Bands like Firewind and Pagan's Mind don't require that many listens for someone to get into them. ;)

Why are so bitter towards PoS anyway? you knew you wouldn't like it..so why bother?
Listening to 20 versions of the same Firewind album is a better use of your time.

LOL, maybe he just doesn't get it. ;) :lol:

You have a point, but I think there is a fine line between something taking time to be absorbed, and something that just becomes tolerable after hundreds of repeated listens. This holds for all bands, not just PoS.

No. If I wanted to dissect shit I woulda been a fucking biologist.

And why listen to the new POS? Curiosity thats why, and because I could. Everywhere I go I see it being discussed and about how its gonna divide fans, and how controversial the lyrics are.

I decided to give it a spin, and yeap it sucked balls just like I gathered it would.

So heres to me hoping Firewind releases 20 more of the same kickass CD!

and LOL @ ppl still thinking Pagans Mind insults bother me. Music all about personal tastes, I dont get offended when someones tastes differ than mine.

You have a point, but I think there is a fine line between something taking time to be absorbed, and something that just becomes tolerable after hundreds of repeated listens. This holds for all bands, not just PoS.

You know, at one of my part time jobs I work at a restaurant that plays this mainstream hit radio station the entire day. I listen to the same songs 3 times a day, 3 times a week. Have been doing this for 2 years. Trust me, I've been exposed to some of that crap enough to think it's tolerable and it just doesn't work that way. At least not to me.

and LOL @ ppl still thinking Pagans Mind insults bother me. Music all about personal tastes, I dont get offended when someones tastes differ than mine.

Bigger LOL at you for not getting the fact that I was joking with you John, simply trying to bust your balls... Come on now, you should know better than that buddy ;)

Bigger LOL at you for not getting the fact that I was joking with you John, simply trying to bust your balls... Come on now, you should know better than that buddy ;)

Ok I have heard about guys bragging over prick size...but now LOL size too? :loco: :) ;)

I dont get offended when someones tastes differ than mine.

It seems you do. From your previous statements it seems like anybody that likes Scarsick is faking himself to do so since you already deemed the album to be teh suxxors. While it might not be "getting offended" you totally negate the matter of taste when you put your opinion above anyone else's.

I have no problem with America-bashing in general, but this album is a mess of hate and bile. Daniel's not making some insightful observations on the state of the world, he's railing on all aspects of a culture that he clearly doesn't understand. I wouldn't have a problem if he stuck to going at our government, media, and establishments like that, but what the fuck did we, as a people, do to piss him off so much? I mean, his comments on hip-hop culture are full-on ignorant. Maybe he should try living in the ghetto for a few years and see how that affects his sniveling, righteous worldview. I agree with the people who were saying earlier in the thread that this douchebag should be barred from setting foot on American soil.

Which is really a shame, considering the music on this album is pretty good. I wish they'd just drop the misguided political bullshit and write stories again.

It seems you do. From your previous statements it seems like anybody that likes Scarsick is faking himself to do so since you already deemed the album to be teh suxxors. While it might not be "getting offended" you totally negate the matter of taste when you put your opinion above anyone else's.

I said SOME who like it.

My girlfriend likes the band HINDER. If that doesnt bother me you think some stranger on the internet who likes POS will? ;)

Daniel's not making some insightful observations on the state of the world, he's railing on all aspects of a culture that he clearly doesn't understand. I wouldn't have a problem if he stuck to going at our government, media, and establishments like that, but what the fuck did we, as a people, do to piss him off so much? I mean, his comments on hip-hop culture are full-on ignorant. Maybe he should try living in the ghetto for a few years and see how that affects his sniveling, righteous worldview.

LOL tell me you understand bouncing cars, hands on your crotch, fake gold teeth and being "da shit".

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know man, Daniel has shown before that he's far from being ignorant. Until you prove him wrong regarding his observations on the world, and especially on the mainstream hip hop culture (which in my opinion is pure garbage), I tend to agree with him and disagree with you.

In regards to "what the fuck did we, people, do to piss him off so much?", I could go on for hours over here, but I would rather not get this argument further. Someone who sees the "big picture" with different eyes may be a little clue in order for you to realize what I'm talking about. ;)