Sea Of Tranquilty channel

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Pete Pardo runs a great youtube channel (and long running webzine) called Sea Of Tranquility. From time to time Pete asks me to join his discussion panel. Its informative and often funny. We have a good time doing it.

This past week we had a discussion about the top 5 prog rock or fusion albums of 1974. Tell me how I did!

Very good, Ken! That was a lot of fun. You seem very natural and not afraid of talking in front of a camera. I'm not sure how I would do at that. My prog collection is a lot more "mainstream" then yours is, so I didn't know some of your selections. But a lot of amazing stuff came up on all the lists. One classic 1974 release that I would mention, though it's not full prog, is Al Stewart's "Past, Present & Future".

Enjoyed it a bunch; thank you. I wish I could download the accumulated knowledge you all have. My teacup's worth would soon overflow. I like that you choose to go for the unexpected, at times. I do have your Sea Son reissue and Dance of the Flames. You're right, Nejadepour does tear it up (as does Neumeier). Wow!

You (or anyone else) didn't mention one of my top fives till the closing honorable mentions and one wasn't mentioned at all (I think?). Here's mine:

1. King Crimson - Red
2. Peter Hammill - The Silent Corner and the Empty Stage
3. King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black
4. Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory
5. Camel - Mirage

Honorable mention adders not (or I missed) mentioned --
Peter Hammill - In Camera
Quella Vecchia Locanda - Il Tempo della Gioia

[Edit to add: I get five bucks every time I say mention. :lol:]

Last edited:
Enjoyed it a bunch; thank you. I wish I could download the accumulated knowledge you all have. My teacup's worth would soon overflow. I like that you choose to go for the unexpected, at times. I do have your Sea Son reissue and Dance of the Flames. You're right, Nejadepour does tear it up (as does Neumeier). Wow!

You (or anyone else) didn't mention one of my top fives till the closing honorable mentions and one wasn't mentioned at all (I think?). Here's mine:

1. King Crimson - Red
2. Peter Hammill - The Silent Corner and the Empty Stage
3. King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black
4. Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory
5. Camel - Mirage

Honorable mention adders not (or I missed) mentioned --
Peter Hammill - In Camera
Quella Vecchia Locanda - Il Tempo della Gioia

[Edit to add: I get five bucks every time I say mention. :lol:]
There is no right or wrong. Its all based on taste. I could have listed 50 titles in the top 5. I did mention QVL at the very end when I ran down a list of "other titles".

There is no right or wrong. Its all based on taste. I could have listed 50 titles in the top 5. I did mention QVL at the very end when I ran down a list of "other titles".
Missed it. We're lucky there's so much. Good luck with your upcoming announcement/release.

Reactions: lasercd
When you get big & Famous can I have your autograph??? This way you can sell it on the site....BUY or DIE!!!!!

Very well Ken!
Interesting. Great channel.
For one thing I never heard of Secret Oyster.

Can you bring more in??
Our editions are out of print. They were reissued by Long Hair Music. We had them on the website for about a year. If they are still in print we will restock them. The distributor hasn't had them in awhile so they may be gone.

Watched the last show you did this morning. I was cracking up most of the time. I think George was in total shock mode with his selections which added to the the fun seeing all of your reactions. Great entertainment and well done!