Second halve of 2011 lists (merged)

Nocturnal Rites must check out a band called 8 Point Rose. Their new record is basically the best thing NR never recorded. Awesome stuff! ...or it would be if they cut out the 10 seconds of growling in each song. It doesn't belong. Either growl for the whole song or cut it the hell out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we're already deep in September are coming out soon. It worth to revisit the lists you have made or you may want to put here.

Checked out the new Alice Cooper. It doesn't really work as an album, but it has about 5 or so good songs. Not bad, but it's too eclectic. He can't decide if he wants to be classic rock, dance pop, punk, orchestral.

I don't mind the Kesha song either. I had no clue who she was until I listened to the tune, and although it has a dance vibe, it's one of the catchier songs on the record. Reminds me of something off of Bad or Thriller.

Standout tracks for me are: Bite Your Face Off, Congregation, Something To Remember Me By and What Baby Wants

i like the new alice cooper a lot. honestly though i think he needs to tour this a few years and then retire.

anyways the next month or so is loaded with new releases:
alice cooper- w2mn
anthrax- worship music
lindsey buckingham- seeds we sow
janes addiction- great escape artist
superheavy- self titled
sebastian bach- kicking and screaming
arch/matheos
rich robinson- through a crooked sun
leslie west- unusual suspects
lenny kravitz- black and white america
chickenfoot-III

crazy amount of new stuff

The new Anthrax is way, waaaay better than I expected. I gave up on them years ago, but Worship Music will defintely be in my top 10 this year.

My favourite album of the year so far is Havok's Time Is Up. Great thrash record, lots of nods to the old-school yet still feels fresh... quite diverse songs so it doesn't get boring. And great production! Looking forward to the new Evile and especially the second Vektor album, if it's even 5% as good as the first one then it's going to absolutely kill...