• Thrash

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Metalcore

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2004
Just to show some variation in opinions here from another forum.......I think they're definitely metalcore, unless they've done some megachange on their newest album.

>_>

fotmbm said:
I haven't heard them but I fail to see how a metalcore band could be mistaken for a thrash band and vice versa

Well if I'm not mistaken, when I saw one of their CD in a store, there was a sticker on it advertising them as thrash. After listening to some of their stuff though it's definitely metalcore to me.

Metalcore or new-metal. Not nu-metal as in Korn,etc... just a new metal band.

I wouldn't say that there metalcore compared to shitty bands like AILD and Darkest
Hour but I wouldnt call them thrash either compared to Testament and all the other
old school bands. There kind of like all those other American New Wave Of Mall metal
bands like Unearth, LOG and such.

fotmbm said:
I haven't heard them but I fail to see how a metalcore band could be mistaken for a thrash band and vice versa

Cause no one likes either subgenre. :tickled:

I'm not speaking for myself, of course.

damn, you beat me to thrashcore

they are thrash. the music is too interesting to be metalcore
~gR~

Décadent said:
Is "thrashcore" about to be coined?
Results 1 - 10 of about 18,100 for thrashcore. (0.17 seconds)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrashcore

"The term was used a lot as a synonym for fast hardcore punk - the bands that actually draw a wider thrash metal influence to their music was and is often categorized Crossover Thrash. There's a loose difference between and most influental Crossover Thrash bands started out as influental Thrashcore bands."

I thought maybe "thrashcore" could be stuff like Cryptic Slaughter but I guess that's just plain ol' crossover

EDIT: Or what Mr. Prozak would call "thrash" where he would call all actual THRASH METAL bands "SPEED METAL" cause he's an igloo-dwelling jewhat.

How about "nu-thrash?".
No

But that term has been used for stuff like The Haunted, Dew-Scented and whatnot that undoubtedly have elements of thrash but in a very "modern" and rather hardcore-influenced setting

Needless to say, Shadows Fall is neither. Shadows Fall needs to FUCK OFF, that's about all one needs to know about them.

PISS OFF ALL POSEURS, LISTEN TO PENANCE INSTEAD