Shane Dubose Interview Posted

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
If you'd like to know more about the man who puts together the awesome Pre-Party shows at the ProgPowerUSA fest, sashay on over to NotesFromTheOtherSide.com. I just posted my interview with Shane.

Next up: A lengthy interview with vocalist extraordinaire Lance King that should be posted by this weekend.

After that, watch for interviews with Circus Maximus, Theocracy, Savage Circus, Vision Divine, Thunderstone, Jorn, Wastefall and more!

Enjoy.

Bill

Very, very cool interview Bill. :kickass:

I could actually hear Shane's voice in my head, while reading it! LMAO!

Shane doing the pre-party is a huge asset to the festival, and I gotta say, he is a wonderful host, freind and brilliant bassist, great taste in music... and a GREAT drinking buddy! I can't believe I've know this guy for over five years now!!! We'll never forget the year we performed the pre-party... phenominal... absolutly phenominal and job well done. Still one of the best gig we''ve ever done, thanks to Shanes hard work.
:worship:

Kuddos and props to Glenn for allowing Shane to "take it and run with it", look what it's turned into after all this time - it's become an extention of greatness to an amazing weekend.

This year Shane... happy hour... bring pictures of the baby and we'll bring ours....margarita's in the AIR!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
Very, very cool interview Bill. :kickass:

I could actually hear Shane's voice in my head, while reading it! LMAO!
Dustin

guardian26 said:
Great interview!

Thanks guys!

Shane is cool. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Yet, also accomplished and driven as a musician. It's a great combination. Not a shred of prima donna.

I just got off the phone with Jorn Lande. Amazing guy. He talked for, like, 70 minutes straight. Probably would have talked longer but I felt badly keeping him on the line when this was one of the few days he's had to just kick back and have a few beers. One does not so much interview Jorn as say Hello and then get out of his way. He's eloquent and thoughtful.

...And may have a huge treat for all of us. And I do mean huge. He told me he's considering taping his performance at ProgPowerUSA, for release either as a DVD or a CD. That's not a sure thing yet. And may not ever happen for logistical or budgetary reasons. But as of this afternoon, it's something he's seriously considering. When he told me, I said, "You want my opinion Jorn? Do it. The audience at ProgPower would go nuts. It would be one of the most high-energy DVDs or CDs anyone would ever own." He said he'll consider the idea seriously. Can you imagine how freakin' cool that would be?!?!?!

Another great interview today was with Alex of the Greek band Wastefall. I can't wait for y'all to read that one. We covered a lot of ground and I think the end result is a fascinating glimpse into his heart and mind. I know I gained a deeper appreciation for Wastefall's albums after our interview.

Cheers,

Bill

Hey Bill! That was a great interview - I enjoyed reading it! I really like the new website where you are posting this stuff - great idea!

I actually saw you at the Evergrey show in Grand Rapids. I was right up front and got you in one of my pictures I was taking of Tom while you are snapping a picture of either Rikard or Michael!! :lol: We came from Toledo, OH to the show after having gone to the Ft. Wayne show the night before and missing their set by 1/2 hour. :erk:

Keep up the good work!

ConnieOH said:
Hey Bill! That was a great interview - I enjoyed reading it! I really like the new website where you are posting this stuff - great idea!

I actually saw you at the Evergrey show in Grand Rapids. I was right up front and got you in one of my pictures I was taking of Tom while you are snapping a picture of either Rikard or Michael!! :lol: We came from Toledo, OH to the show after having gone to the Ft. Wayne show the night before and missing their set by 1/2 hour. :erk:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Connie! I appreciate it.

And I hope I didn't ruin any of your pictures that night! :)

Bill