Showcase Next Year...

Zingababla

Are you into the Squeeze?
Sep 8, 2005
DeKalb, IL
I don't know if Shane has started booking yet, but here are some thoughts on who should play.

Eumeria
Killing Touch
Bigelf
Volbeat

It might be unrealistic, but that is half the fun of this.

I don't know if Shane has started booking yet, but here are some thoughts on who should play.

Eumeria
Killing Touch
Bigelf
Volbeat

It might be unrealistic, but that is half the fun of this.

Wow... that would be like 6 hours of straight drinking :kickass:

At least Ian would have some company ;)

Shane needs to get Ashent there to introduce them to the ProgPower family. I maybe a little bias though:lol:

If not them than definately Halycon Way:headbang:

I'm kind of sick of the whole returning band thing. As much as I enjoy them, I'm kind of burned out on Pagan's Mind & Freak Kitchen right now. I don't want to see Sabaton go the same way. I'd much rather they come back after a year or something.

Anyway, I'm pretty damned certain that Shane is going to try and get Vanden Plas back again, as much as I think that's a bad idea. A prog headliner on the Showcase is almost a necessity, I think. A solid undercard of bands that are slightly on the "heavy" end of things wouldn't hurt either.

The suspense is killing me.... Symphorce is working on a new album **nudge, nudge**

and then 3 other bands - as much as I like seeing "returning faves/conquering heros" return to maybe have a longer set at the Showcase after an appearance on the previous Fest - I kind of want some new bands I havent seen before too.

Saxon for headliners Shane - then you can book Milli Vanilli, Nelson, Barry Manilow - it wouldn't matter.

NOTE: - I DO NOT have inside information that Shane may be looking to resurrect the careers of the aforementioned MV, Nelson or BM, really I don't heck I didnt even see him at the airport on sunday for the first time in years - so if any of those bands show up - it was NOT my idea :)