Sikth

Nebbiez

Tech/Prog Metal Maniac
Sep 25, 2005
London, UK
Hi guys and gals. Just wondering if anyone here is a fellow Sikth fan? To me they sound like a crazy mix of Spastic Ink with death and black metal. It's insane music, but I think it has a really nice flow to it and the guitar work immediately reminds me of Ron. They're a British band so I wasn't sure how well known they are globally. But I'm going to see them tonight and am fully expecting to get my arse kicked. I hear they have some of the sickest pits ever seen :headbang:

You can check a couple of songs out on their MySpace, but I highly recommend their new album Death Of A Dead Day. Fucking awesome from beginning to end, and albums like that are hard to come by (apart from where Ron's concerned of course :cool: )

I don't really like them because as nicosanchez said, they sound very hardcore. But something cool is my best friend from college is having drum lessons with their drummer because we all live in the same part of the UK.

Yeah I definitely see the hardcore side of them, but they do break out into some very fast death metal style riffs with blastbeats and rapid fire double bass. And vocally I think they definitely have black metal influences (apart from the clean vocals obviously). More of a high pitched scream than a hardcore shout or death metal cookie monster growl. But whatever style they are, I still think they're fucking awesome! Was a killer gig too! Moshing from front to the back and a huge wall of death. However much people slag off hardcore, you can't deny it produces sick mosh pits. Much more extreme than any of the death or black metal bands I've been to see.