Sisters of Mercy

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
The Sisters of Mercy are touring starting in Feb. and there is an Orlando date, which I'll be at for sure. They are in ATL. the next night, March 4, at the Roxy and was just wondering if any of you fine Atl. folks could give me some info on the venue, area, etc. I'm thinking about making the trip up for the show and am not that familiar with Atl...outside of the vicinity of Earthlink, that is. Any info is much appreciated.:)

Shockingly, I'm slightly shocked.

The Roxy is in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, the hot spot for night-life. It's a converted theater and a great venue for a show (although it doesn't quite have the necessary amenities and facilities for ProgPower)....just pray the sound is decent there. It wasn't for Porcupine Tree.

I might or might not go.

I should start with saying that I love thier music.
BUT
Few years ago they played at Tabernacle in Atlanta. From start to finish they constantly used smoke machines. Nobody could see the band. Singer or anyone else in the band did not speak a word in between songs.

That was the most nonconcert concert i have ever seen.

I don't even know who were behind the smoke on stage. If they played live even.

Horrible. :yuk:

arnavut said:
I should start with saying that I love thier music.
BUT
Few years ago they played at Tabernacle in Atlanta. From start to finish they constantly used smoke machines. Nobody could see the band. Singer or anyone else in the band did not speak a word in between songs.

That was the most nonconcert concert i have ever seen.

I don't even know who were behind the smoke on stage. If they played live even.

Horrible. :yuk:

I was there; I couldn't believe the amount of fog at the beginning of the show, and I never imagined it was going to keep rolling out the rest of the evening. I don't even remember who was in the band at the time...I saw Eldritch maybe a couple of times, and the rest of the show it was just silhouettes. I definitely wish I had seen them around the time of Vision Thing.

I've now been informed as to WHY there's so much fog and smoke during their shows...basically, Andrew does not want to look at you, and would rather you not look at him. I won't attend unless I get a free pass.

Pellaz said:
I've now been informed as to WHY there's so much fog and smoke during their shows...basically, Andrew does not want to look at you, and would rather you not look at him.

Andrew Eldritch is the anti-Andrew Franck when is comes to fan interaction.

Pellaz said:
I've now been informed as to WHY there's so much fog and smoke during their shows...basically, Andrew does not want to look at you, and would rather you not look at him. I won't attend unless I get a free pass.
It's all part of the schtick...

"I don't care about you or if you care about me, so I don't even want to look at you, or have you look at me..."

The whole pseudo-nihilist gimmick.