Skyclad

I'd throw Silent Whales of the Lunar Sea into the mix as well (Prince of the Poverty Line, The Answer Machine?, and the woefully underappreciated Folkemon are among my favorites), but it's really hard to go wrong with any of them . Great, great band.

IOfTheStorm said:
For some unknown reason "Silent Whales..." gets mostly bashed, even by Skyclad fanatics..cant understand why..

Me neither - Still Spinning Shrapnel (as Erik indicated) is incredible and may be my fav Skyclad tune. There's so much catchiness on that album as well (the groove of "Art Nazi" comes to mind right away). :)

That's probably my least fave Skyclad album but I still dig it...no scratch that, Folkemon is my least fave and I never play that one. Dunno, just never really got into Silent Wails of Lunacy as much as Vintage Whine or the debut.

I end up getting all of the Skywalkyer albums, but right now, it's a matter of which ones are easiest to get.

I am absolutely loving Irrational Anthems.

FORGIVE ME IF I'M OUT OF ORDER
THIS NEW "MUSIC" HAS NO SOUL
IT MAY BE GOOD FOR MAKING MONEY
SADLY THAT IS NOT MY GOAL

:kickass:

I'm not one for lyrics, and I always kinda ignored people when they said SKyclad has good lyrics, but really, this are some cool, meaningful (to the music) lyrics. You can tell he really put some thought and effort into the writing.

"No Deposit, No Return" s my fave so far. But "Penny Dreadful", "Snake Charming", and "Quantity Time" beings other faves.

"The Widdershins Jig" rules!

Walkyier looks like an elf.

Skyclad rules six ways to sunday. Wayward Sons of Mother Earth is probably still my favourite. Burnt Offering, Vintage Whine, Prince of the Poverty Line, and Folkemon are all great. Still havent heard any of of the Ridley era stuff though.

I think Vintage WHine is my favorite of the lot.

is the non-Walkyier album, A Semblance of Normalcy, any good?