Small clip from new JOP album

I actually like this track and don't mind the backing vocals. But then again I'm a huge fan of Jon, he's a great inspiration for me. Jon never disappoints me. He could release a CD with him farting and I would love it...and yes, i stole that from Zakk Wylde

He could release a CD with him farting and I would love it...

Tom Argo would probably release it on the internet and screw up the record deal:

"I'm so sorry, I know I have problems but I just wanted to bring Jon's farts to the whole wide world! I'm sorry... this will be the last time, I promise!"

I friggin' love it, but that shouldn't be a shock! :lol: Honestly, I don't know if I've heard Jon sound better? Hopefully, the entire disc will be an all out metal affair like this song. If so, I'm predicting a bit of a Doctor Butcher vibe. :kickass:

~Brian~

I friggin' love it, but that shouldn't be a shock! :lol: Honestly, I don't know if I've heard Jon sound better? Hopefully, the entire disc will be an all out metal affair like this song. If so, I'm predicting a bit of a Doctor Butcher vibe. :kickass:

~Brian~

Yes, this clip sounds awesome. Jon, forget the piano ballads and crank the metal!!

~Brian~

Yeah - There are a couple of reviews at http://www.jonoliva.net/index2html.
It would seem several tunes have the Butcher vibe - bummer!! :heh:

Chis :headbang:

Yes, this clip sounds awesome. Jon, forget the piano ballads and crank the metal!!

Don't listen to this person*. The mixture of styles is part of what makes JOP so great, and the strong Beatles influence on Global Warning is what makes it his best non-Savatage disc ever.

* WARNING: This is a tongue-in-cheek comment! Although the main point of my post stands, I am not invalidating anyone's opinion here.

Don't listen to this person*. The mixture of styles is part of what makes JOP so great, and the strong Beatles influence on Global Warning is what makes it his best non-Savatage disc ever.

* WARNING: This is a tongue-in-cheek comment! Although the main point of my post stands, I am not invalidating anyone's opinion here.

:lol:...I'm sorry, but if I wanted to listen to Sgt. Pepper, then I'd listen to the Beatles. IMO, Global Warning is his weakest effort. I just don't want to hear that sort of thing from him.

~Brian~

:lol:...I'm sorry, but if I wanted to listen to Sgt. Pepper, then I'd listen to the Beatles. IMO, Global Warning is his weakest effort. I just don't want to hear that sort of thing from him.

~Brian~

To each his own, I guess. I think the more Beatles-influenced stuff by Jon is the more emotional stuff, and that's what I love the most about his work. Then again, I was also one of the people who was completely enthralled at the acoustic show at ProgPower a few years back. :)

Based on the song titles, I think you'll probably be getting your wish this time around. I liked the clip, but it sounds A LOT like the song "All the Time" from 'Tage Mahal. I hope they're not retreading too much old ground on Festival.

To each his own, I guess. I think the more Beatles-influenced stuff by Jon is the more emotional stuff, and that's what I love the most about his work. Then again, I was also one of the people who was completely enthralled at the acoustic show at ProgPower a few years back. :)

Based on the song titles, I think you'll probably be getting your wish this time around. I liked the clip, but it sounds A LOT like the song "All the Time" from 'Tage Mahal. I hope they're not retreading too much old ground on Festival.

I'm guessing that Jon will throw a good mix at us though. I didn't get to see the all acoustic show. I couldn't make it down there that early. :(

~Brian~

Let me fully disagree on Global Warning. I much preferred Maniacal Renderings over GW. I can enjoy one or 2 mellow songs, but when I play Jon Oliva's stuff, I want to hear some cranking metal. This is my opinion and I share it...

Agreed on that. I found with JOP's first 2 albums - I like about half the songs, and the other half our forgettable. Global Warming was almost fully forgettable IMO. Sadly, the more and more I hear JOP, the more I think how important Paul O'Neil was to the Savatage writing *after Criss's death* (Example, there's the whole "Believe" issue - where I always thought that was Oliva, yet Caffery has stated it was mostly O'Neil, etc).

Parts of JOP's albums just feel really unfocused, like no one saying "do this" or giving it direction (O'Neil).

That's just my thought though - to each his own! If you love Global Warming, more power to ya! I just haven't found any of the JOP to be 10/10 albums (unlike Savatage). Like with MW - The album's first half is so strong, then it just goes nowhere.

I'll be posting some more in depth clips in the coming days.
Nothing angers me more personally than trying to get anything
substantial out of 60 seconds of music coming thru some shitty
internet mp3 player. And I mean this from a cd buyer's standpoint just
as much.

Couple of well written reviews on www.jonoliva.net if interested!
And Mr. Harveston will be following suit shortly...

Peace!