Snake Eye - III

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This is a melodic hard rock band with a shredding guitarist and unfortunately a very average or even lame singer. The music rules though. Check the riffs and solos out they shred. Not sure when the album is out but I guess soon. If only that singer was good damn it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys, Boban Milojevic is not that bad... Maybe not the greatest singer ever, but I've heard much worse.

Here's a song from their previous album, 2006's Ritual Instinct

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Guillaume the guy doesn't cut the mustard. He's not horrible but he's not making me enjoy the excellent music in that new song with his whining. The are moments when he sings acceptable but the next dodgy line is never far away. That guitarist though...man he's top notch IMO.

still doesn't mean he's good! LOL

In all honesty, I think he was much better on the 2006 album than the new one. Don't know what happened to him. Did you listen to the older track I added? Do you find him as bad on that one?

So I think you guys won't agree with this review... LOL

Coming out of nowhere (in fact, the band is based in France) Snake Eye has delivered a surprisingly good classic Melodic Hard Rock album in "III".
Songs in the pure sound / style of the genre, with a really solid lead vocal work by Boban Milojevic - the band's 3-part harmonies are great as well - and a te-rri-fic lead guitarist made this album a winner. Seriously, you should check Xavier Paladian's guitar work, it's awesome.
As said, if you love your Melodic Hard Rock in the true sense of the genre (read Harem Scarem, White Lion, Dokken, Winger, Warrant) you need to check these guys pronto.