So who else picked up the new Metallica- Death Magnetic?

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
So who picked up the new Metallica- Death Magnetic? I bought mine right after 10AM yesterday at Best Buy. Anyone else? And I am loving it, am curious as to how well it sold.

I haven't gotten my copy yet...I gotta get that pay check. However, I know it's been selling ridiculously. It could possibly reach platinum in only a few days.

*raises hand*

I imagine it sold very well...has there been a Metallica release since Black that didn't debut at #1?

sg3cyc.jpg

I forgot to mention that I had the choice of the jewel case version and the digipack version. I chose the digipack version as it has a cooler fold out case. It was only $9.99 at Best Buy which was nice.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I just checked the Hot Topic website and they list as WAS $13.99 NOW $9.99. Did you have a coupon or something?

like no shit, They were selling it for 5 bucks a CD and you could also buy a shirt for 5 bucks. They don't have it for 5 bucks today--just yesterday. I assume it was just a "Hey this is brand spankin new so buy it from us" deal. I most definitely took them up on it.

no coupons, no catches, just cold hard cash and Uncle Sam's cut.

like no shit, They were selling it for 5 bucks a CD and you could also buy a shirt for 5 bucks. They don't have it for 5 bucks today--just yesterday. I assume it was just a "Hey this is brand spankin new so buy it from us" deal. I most definitely took them up on it.

no coupons, no catches, just cold hard cash and Uncle Sam's cut.

Dude! Chill! I was only inquiring. Geez! Settle down Beavis!

Dude! Chill! I was only inquiring. Geez! Settle down Beavis!

you being serious?

Im re-reading my post like 30 times and I don't understand how you might have skewed it as me getting worked up or something. normal conversation dude.

and just in case someone else thinks I need to settle down this is also normal conversation--I guess I need to flood my posts with smileys next time. :lol:

Im semi-disappointed in the booklet though, back on topic.

:lol:

That was the most over the top response from The Q... completely jsut... wow :lol:

Sorry around where I come from when someone responds to you "No Shit" that is taken as a slight attack. I have never been in a situation where it is normal converssation. I apologize Patrick for being brash when you were not that way. My apologies.

Sorry around where I come from when someone responds to you "No Shit" that is taken as a slight attack. I have never been in a situation where it is normal converssation. I apologize Patrick for being brash when you were not that way. My apologies.

like no shit is my way of saying "no joke" or "like seriously" but I'd rather sound metal than valley girl-esque.

didn't think anything of it myself at the time. Its all good.

you being serious?

Im re-reading my post like 30 times and I don't understand how you might have skewed it as me getting worked up or something. normal conversation dude.

and just in case someone else thinks I need to settle down this is also normal conversation--I guess I need to flood my posts with smileys next time. :lol:

Im semi-disappointed in the booklet though, back on topic.
Yeah ... I was trying to figure out what the hell the Q was reading myself. I'd say my ol' pal's reading comprehension skills are a tad bit weak ;)

Q, it was $5 for that disc at Hot Topic because it was a large one day only promotion. They also were selling a Metallica t-shirt for $5. It's probably a loss leader type deal to get people in the store, and whatnot.

Britt

Yeah ... I was trying to figure out what the hell the Q was reading myself. I'd say my ol' pal's reading comprehension skills are a tad bit weak ;)

Q, it was $5 for that disc at Hot Topic because it was a large one day only promotion. They also were selling a Metallica t-shirt for $5. It's probably a loss leader type deal to get people in the store, and whatnot.

Britt

My reading comprehension skills are fine. The problem I have is I cannot say anything on this board without people going for my throat. It amazes me that other posters on this forum have a much bigger attitude than I have (I really do not have one at all) but receive very little or nowhere the response I get. . But my opinions on things are always wrong or one sided or me whining or something. Only 1 person that regularly posts on this forum even knows me that well. So this will be my last post and thread. I will continue to read this forum but no longer post anything more. Its just not worth it anymore.