Solitude reunion show

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Those who missed it really missed a special night. Those who looked over it well you have no idea what you missed. It was one of the best shows I had seen in a long time. Last night had been several years in the making and showed no sign that the band had ever been apart. But not only was there any sign of the band ever being away, the Delaware “scene” of a once wondrous time for thrash metal seemed to be once again in full force. A three hundred capacity sold show confirmed that Solitude had made an impact on their local back in “the day” has seen by the turn out of the night. With Delaware’s other notable thrashers Faith or Fear opening it was just like the old days was the shared feelings of all the locals in attendance, “it’s like a high school reunion” was overheard from everyone’s mouth it seemed. But the show was not just locals the reunion pulled in many from out of state from Illinois, New York, Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and the Carolinas. Certainly it was a great night and really nice to see the support shown by all those who were present the first go round and on Saturday night.
And did I mention Solitude totally KICKED ASS!?

If it wasn't so far from KC I would have loved to been at this show, would have liked to seen that Sacrifice (Canadian thrash band) reunion up a couple years back, and any of the Headbanger's Open Air or Keep It True festivals in Germany (so far been to one HOA and two KIT in the past four years) because they did up the old classic bands.

we will hopefully have some live footage online soon. just one little correction on Jeremy's post. Faith Or Fear are from Philly. ;)

25108_386995944073_375400624073_3785597_7093319_n.jpg
25108_386997029073_375400624073_3785683_5180003_n.jpg

but overall, it was amazing show even though i am completely biased having not only reissued the discography, but also having written the introduction to the CD. it's funny how many compliments i received from people in the crowd about what i had written about the band. seems we all have the same history with them!

if you are into thrash and underground metal i suggest you pick up a copy!

but don't take my word for it, here is a nice review they got from someone who had never heard them before my reissue.
http://www.aversionline.com/blahg/2...ation-the-complete-collection-1987-1994-2xcd/

300.jpg