some things that realy piss me off!!!!

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I had a terrible day, so I´m not in a good mood....I hope I dont piss anybody off

but:
1. I hate it when people call themselve AUDIO-ENGINEER when they using their dfh or ssd podfarm, impulse at home.

I love that people are making great sounding songs, with so little things but please dont call yourselve AUDIO ENGINEER

To be a AUDIO ENGINEER or MASTERING ENGINEER you need to be educated in it or you need lots of experience (about years of recording artists and having a studio....)

2. Stop asking for presets....
My own fu*** wont work on different projects....
If you have the same setup like Joey sturgis your mixes wont sound like sturgis mixes!!!!!
Once Joey tryed to cover a KSE song (mixed by the all mighty Andy sneap)
and he totaly failed :) His mix was nowhere near the original...

3. Dont judge mixes in a bad way because the mix doesnt sound like podfarm or SSD/dfh....
Sometimes people using real instruments!!!
And the count of posts or a name dont make a mix better.

Sometimes people posting awsome mixes and get bad to no response.
In this moments I think : "if Joey posted that mix everybody would kiss his ass"

This post is not against ANYBODY!!!
I dont want to offend someone with this.

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!

well you just totally shit on at least half the userbase

at the end of the day, use watever you want as long as you get a good end result.
seriously
hhand someone 8505, fredman impulses and slate and they still wont get anywhere near the quality of ryans mixes, itll still take a lot of hard work and dedication

personally, i just think you're being bitter because your mixes are nothing in comparison to some of the users on here who use impulses and slate.
if it annoys you that their mixes are better than you, then get back at them by working on your micing or your drum processing more, MAKE IT FUCKING BETTER
i mean thats what happens with me, ryan or ermz will post a new mix and itll be like FUCK I SUCK AT THIS SHIT
but i dont mope and post angry topics, i just work harder at trying to make my shit sound as good as theirs

bitch less, work harder.

I think the problem here is that the term "Audio Engineer" is pretty broad.
I'd consider myself to be a Mix Engineer, why? because i have practically zero experience with recording, but i'm mixing tracks for other people.
but thats still an Audio Engineer, right?

i think what you are refering to would be more like "Recording Engineer". which is also an Audio Engineer :)

theres that too ^

theres mix engineers, recording engineers, mastering engineers, so on and so forth
and it all comes under the big broad rainbow that is TEH AUDIO

i mean thats what happens with me, ryan or ermz will post a new mix and itll be like FUCK I SUCK AT THIS SHIT
but i dont mope and post angry topics, i just work harder at trying to make my shit sound as good as theirs

bitch less, work harder.

dude this post has nothing to do with my mixes or something!!!

1. I´m in no-way an audio engineer
I go to collage and studying media-technics which includes audio-engineering...
But I´m years away of being an engineer or PRO!!!

2. I´m happy with the feedback I get about my work so....

3. I never said that Ryans or Bryans or Joeys or any other work is BAD because they use dfh or impulses or something like that.

I only said, that these tools wont make you an AUDIO-ENGINEER

I realy enjoy the mixes of Brians, Joey mixes and I know they use mostly podfarm for their work...

but thats the thing
IT DOES MAKE YOU A FUCKING AUDIO ENGINEER

what the fuck else does that make ryan or ermz or anyone else on this fucking forum aside from an audio engineer?
i mean wheres the divide dude? say... 10 years plus a studio with x dollars worth of gear in it? is that what you're saying? you'd rather judge whether someones a TR00 AUDIO ENGINEER or NOT A TR00 AUDIO ENGINEER by anything other than the sound of their fucking mixes?
im an audio engineer, you're an audio engineer, ryan, ermz, brian, joey, every motherfucker with a pod and impulses is an audio engineer.
you're just being fucking anal.

I dont think so......

I think to be an audio engineer means to work frequently with bands and simply work for money.
Doing your band-demos doesnt make you an audio engineer IMO

Is it totaly OK if we dont have the same opinion on that, but please stop beeing rude because of nothing!!!

I'm not even being particularly rude, a tad profane maybe, but when am I not?
And it's not even because of nothing, I appreciate you've had a bad day, but when your pissed off rant pisses on a fuck load of this forum's userbase, including myself, you need to realise that one or two people may end up a tad disgruntled.

I personally class myself as an audio engineer. I don't get to work with bands frequently, I don't really make any money off of this yet, but I like to think my mixes are fairly good (they can always be better of course, but still.) I use impulses and programmed drums and such.
And aparrently this makes me not an audio engineer? Well I'm gonna ask you this: what the fuck am I then?

"Audio Engineer" is one motherfucking broad term, and it's that way for a reason.
And anyway, the way I personally see it is this: Engineer to me evokes this idea of manipulating something for your needs or desires, throw the word "audio" before that and you have quite simply: someone who manipulates audio for their own needs and desires (for the purposes of achieving a high quality mix at the end of it all)
So you're saying like at least half of this forum are not audio engineers in the purest fucking sense of the term because they're using impulses or because they're not making any money off it?

I'm sorry man, but I'm calling shenanigans on this one, this is total bullshit and it's no use turning it around on me and making me look the asshole, because if I was being an asshole here for no reason I'd accept the criticms and apolagise, but you're just being fucking anal.

Engineer->educated

But in audio engineering a lot of things come from the experience, the science is more in the backround!!!
But IMHO most of this people (including me) are no audio-engineer. I´m just learning, start to work with bands, make some small cash...
Guys like Lasse, James, Joey, Ermz, and many more are audio engineers

anal->Is great whats your problem about that:)

Dude I had a realy bad day, so dont get to mad at me.
I just hate it when people dont know the difference between a condenser and a dynamic mic and calling them an engineer!!!!

"Audio Engineer" is one motherfucking broad term, and it's that way for a reason.
And anyway, the way I personally see it is this: Engineer to me evokes this idea of manipulating something for your needs or desires, throw the word "audio" before that and you have quite simply: someone who manipulates audio for their own needs and desires (for the purposes of achieving a high quality mix at the end of it all)

Seriously, I'm guessing there might be a language barrier issue here or something, because it never would have occurred to me to even think that such a generalized term as "audio engineer" only referred to professionals (as in, those that make a substantial portion/all of their income from the trade); saying "pro audio engineer" or "hobbyist audio engineer" works for me ;) (it's like with a baseball player on a major league team vs. one in little league, they're both still baseball players)

yeah
but still
i mean what the fuck, if the users f this forum aren't audio engineers then what the fuck are we? haha

Seriously, I'm guessing there might be a language barrier issue here or something, because it never would have occurred to me to even think that such a generalized term as "audio engineer" only referred to professionals (as in, those that make a substantial portion/all of their income from the trade); saying "pro audio engineer" or "hobbyist audio engineer" works for me ;) (it's like with a baseball player on a major league team vs. one in little league, they're both still baseball players)

+1000

I agree with that :)

FUCK Metaltastic you could be right!!!

IN Germany an egineer is building airplains

An audio engineer knows how to get a room perfectly treated with MATH, using physics to know what guitar string is perfect for a particular tuning.....

This is the gayest fucking thread since UncleJunior.

+100000000000000 and then some.

Anytime you deal with editing music, mixing, making tones, fixing audio,etc. means you are doing what encompasses being an audio engineer. Just because you aren't tracking a live kit doesn't mean you aren't still doing the eq'ing, compressing, and various other things you have to do.

HOLLA

I would just like to say that most of the audio engineers, guys like Murphy/Sneap/Richardson/etc., didn't go to school for it. They just fucking dived in and got better over time.................... as everyone else here is pretty much doing. Being an audio engineer, in the sense I'm referring, doesn't require any fucking schooling whatsoever, only experience.