Someone please confirm this rumor for me...

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
Is Angra no more? I heard about it from a PP guy at the airport. Someone say it ain't so. :ill: I couldn't find any info on the net. I'd like to hear someone in the know, like Glenn, confirm it for me.

Thanks,
The Miichael

Well, Edu's side project, Almah, will be touring next year. Sooooo, though I do not believe that Angra is done, I do not believe they will do anything before 2009.

From what I understand it's the truth. The band *will* meet together at some point this year to discuss a sort of retrospective dvd release though, and I hear Bittencourt and Matos are on speaking terms again....

Well, Edu's side project, Almah, will be touring next year. Sooooo, though I do not believe that Angra is done, I do not believe they will do anything before 2009.

Almah has also added every Angra member except Kiko and Rafael to it's lineup. Coincidence?

The one semi-official piece of news we have is a press release that was issued after a festival Angra were supposed to play at was rescheduled. Angra were not able to play the rescheduled date because their manager informed the promoters that the band had "separated".

I've been sitting on this news for about 3 months since I didn't want to spread rumors, but I figured I'd share what I know anyways.

I've been sitting on this news for about 3 months since I didn't want to spread rumors, but I figured I'd share what I know anyways.
You and a few other people. Can't be confirmed, 'cause it isn't official, but Angra fan's might do well to stock up on tissues and anti-depressants.

Is Angra no more? I heard about it from a PP guy at the airport. Someone say it ain't so. :ill: I couldn't find any info on the net. I'd like to hear someone in the know, like Glenn, confirm it for me.

Thanks,
The Miichael

I heard this at PPUSA this weeked, too -- from someone who knows the guys in the band.

Since my friend is extremely well connected to other bands all over the world, I'd say this rumor is, sadly, true.

I hate do admit it but as far as I know this is true.

I just wish they would finally make an official statement/announcement on the matter.
Felipe, Aquiles and Fabio are now officially full members of Almah, Edu's band as far as I know. Apparently, in the workshops Kiko and Rafael are doing around Brazil and other countries have been somehow dodging the questions regarding this matter. I wonder why.

I've been informed of this possible thing about a month and a half ago at least, from people who're directly involved in the band. I just wish we'd get a serious confirmation, cause it hasn't hit me yet. I don't wanna see what's gonna happen when it finally does...

Since my friend is extremely well connected to other bands all over the world, I'd say this rumor is, sadly, true.

I have a feeling we have the same source. I wish that was the only one, but since I heard stuff from other people (some actually somewhat IN the band), I can't help but believe that they indeed split.

It wouldn't surprise me, their management is crap...That is all I will say about that....I hope they are not done but if Almah is going to go on, its a damn good project!!!

Bear

It wouldn't surprise me, their management is crap...That is all I will say about that....I hope they are not done but if Almah is going to go on, its a damn good project!!!

Bear

Agreed. Angra's management is one of the worst I've ever come across in my life. Ugh...

Almah is good indeed. I can't wait to see the band develop more. They have a bright future ahead of them.

Interesting article. To bring even more confusion to the table, I figured I'd just stop at Felipe Andreoli's official blog to see if there was anything new. In fact, there's a huge post dated of yesterday (monday, the 8th) talking a little bit about why they've been so quiet and what's going on. I'm working on a translated transcript of the post.

http://andreolibass.blogspot.com/ (link in case someone wants to check it. It's in Portuguese, though).

On this post Felipe talks about how Angra is not splitting, but they're actually changing the management completely, and that this would be the reason for many changes in every aspect of the band, from the smallest ones to the max.

This is getting even more puzzling now. I just thought of something. The name ANGRA used to (I believe it still does actually) belong to their manager, Mr. Pirani (who's the owner of brazil's Rock Brigade magazine). Would this possibly mean they'll change their name, or... ugh, I don't know anymore...

Just wish they'd make an official statement.

Actual transcript:

Here's the official transcript of Felipe's official blog post:

Ah, if you guys only knew about a little fraction of everything that happened in 2007. It made anyone go crazy, and unfortunately that includes me... However now everything seems to be going back to normal again, it's like coming back from wonderland, ya know? I could never imagine that things could change so much and so quickly in life, and sometimes you'll only realize it when it's too late. In the meantime you end up giving up a lot, you go with the flow and only find out what your destiny is when you're there. Alright, enough philosophical bullshit, let's get to what matters and talk about the present and the future. The only ones who live off the past are museums...

The wise say that there's a calm after the storm. I'm not the weather-man, but I think the storm is gone. To be more clear, Angra has gone through some radical changes this year and it wasn't an easy process. Basically we saw that the band wouldn't go much further if it kept on being managed the way it had been. Fortunately, I have excellent news for you guys, who without a doubt are in need of some information.

The main change is that Angra is changing its management. This is a necessary step for the longevity of the group since the frustrations with the current management have taken the band to some terrible consequences in the past, and we were about to go in that same route once again. I'm very very happy to share this news with you who've always supported Angra and myself. The results of this mega-change will reflect in the band's structure, from the minimum details to the most crucial ones.

Once this change is complete, we have countless projects that we want to bring to life, and this new structure will allow us to make it happen in a much more professional manner, resulting in higher-quality products. Quality, that will also be reflected on the musical approach of Angra, since the musicians in the band are more productive when they're satisfied with their working conditions.

That's more or less it, you guys can finally breathe again: Angra is stronger than ever, and we're very eager to work, write, record and play everything we've always wanted, for still many years to come.

Thank you so much all of you who're a very important part of the history of Angra.

Felipe Andreoli

This is getting even more puzzling now. I just thought of something. The name ANGRA used to (I believe it still does actually) belong to their manager, Mr. Pirani (who's the owner of brazil's Rock Brigade magazine). Would this possibly mean they'll change their name, or... ugh, I don't know anymore...

I'm pretty sure this is true as well. The guy must be one shitty manager because this is basically the situation in 2000 all over again.