SONATA ARCTICA to support OVERKILL in NYC!!!!!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I find this news shocking and weird but fucking awesome.

I was just looking through the tour dates on BB Kings Blue Club website and for April 14 they have listed Overkill featuring special guest openers SONATA ARCTICA. I was like what the fuck aren't they opening for Nightwish? I checked the dates though and their first North American dates are April 17 and 18 in Canada and then the 20th in Chicago so maybe they wanted to do a New York City warm up show. Very interesting bill and two bands that I love. I will now get to see Sonata Arctica and Overkill twice in the same month. (Overkill in NY and NJ and Sonata twice in NY)

Apparently, Sonata Arctica's "first stop on their North American tour," will be a headlining show at Jaxx in Virginia, on April 13. That is, according to the Jaxx website, which has finally announced that show after what seemed like an eternity of labeling it an "upcoming show." Nightwish is still unconfirmed but is supposed to have a show at Jaxx as well. I was quite suprised when i found out the 2 bands weren't performing together.

Looks like Sonata Arctica is trying to get their feet a lil wet before officially kicking this tour off with Nightwish. Overkill is playing Jaxx on April 8, too bad Sonata isn't a part of that billing.