Song survivor - Slayer - Hell Awaits round 1

Vote for the 2 weakest tracks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phylactery

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
upload_2019-2-10_12-46-14.jpeg

This one’s going to be tough. Every track on here absolutely annihilates!

Should hopefully get a lot of interest in this one as it scored over 200 points in the 85 thread.

Vote for the two weakest tracks. Poll will close in 5 days.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Praise of Death, Hardening of the Arteries. The outro of Arteries is amazing but I'm not that big on the song proper.

“Hell Awaits” and “Necrophiliac”. The title track is the only obvious pick for me. It’s the least deranged and psychotic thing here. Still a 9/10 song for me. The second choice was really fucking hard! But I have a top 3 so it had to be one of the other ones!

“Praise of Death” is sick! It has that fucking chilling midsection.

“Running and hunting and smashing and crushing and searching and seeing and stabbing and shooting and thrashing and smashing and burning, destroying and killing and bleeding and pleading then death!”

same as pompey. hurts to vote for hardening 'cause i adore it and find it pretty underappreciated, but oh well, it was probably going either way.

Leave “Praise of Death” alone! I know it’s probably the most one-dimensional thing here, but it’s fucking vicious and intense and has multiple highlights! Beats out at least half the tracks from Reign in Blood in terms of intensity imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: HamburgerBoy
Leave “Praise or Death” alone! I know it’s probably the most one-dimensional thing here, but it’s fucking vicious and intense and has multiple highlights! Beats out at least half the tracks from Reign in Blood in terms of intensity imo.

it's great like every song here, doesn't have highlights on the level of DOWN....to the fiery pits of heeyyuuhhjjhjkjl;;l;;lll though

Perhaps not, but it certainly has more and better highlights than the title track!

I was deciding between “Praise of Death”, “Necrophiliac” and “Hardening of the Arteries” for my second pick, btw. After listening to them all in succession I went with “Necrophiliac”. On a different day it might have been a different result. I think they’re all amazing.

The 3 I haven’t mentioned yet are all better!

Not sure how I’ll proceed with this. Vote for 3 songs in the next round and then I’ll have to get rid of one of my absolute favourites (if they’re still here). Or 2 songs and then leave the final being between 3 tracks.

What do you guys thinks?

ROWqGyg.png

The 3 I haven’t mentioned yet are all better!

Not sure how I’ll proceed with this. Vote for 3 songs in the next round and then I’ll have to get rid of one of my absolute favourites (if they’re still here). Or 2 songs and then leave the final being between 3 tracks.

What do you guys thinks?

I think that for song survivors, the final round should always be between 2 songs, even if it means having a penultimate round where just a single song is eliminated.

So I would do eliminate 2 - eliminate 2 - eliminate 1 - final round. Of course there's always the chance a tie will abbreviate the game further.

Could pick either of the first two or last two, but going with Kill Again and Hardening. Kill Again is mostly excellent but it has the most ordinary verses on the album, and Hardening is basically a two minute song with a two minute outro/reprise. The middle three are the only ones that I could never vote against unless it came down to them. Praise of Death has Jeff's best solo and the overall greatest hardcore-style intensity.