Soulfly - Savages

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This album is much different than Enslaved their last album. Well not much but quite a bit. It's a bit less brutal and death metal than that one and more dark and heavy and much slower at times though always with a hardcore punk attitude. It's brooding parts are juxtaposed by punkish thrash and it actually works quite well. It's a bit less catchy than I was hoping but I still like it a lot. A song like Cannibal Holocaust with it's punk thrash vibe always gets me pumped up and I loved the way Max's voice sounds on that track, almost demon like. Marc Rizzo's solo fills are always cool to listen to. Like I said this album goes for a different feel based more on groove or a darker feel rather brutality. There is one song on the album however that is completely awesome. It's Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla. It's a great big dirty old hulking song with awesome change ups and great riff patterns and vocal spits. The next song Master Of Savagery is also great and more punkish again with a great ending groove section. Watch out for the way Max pronounces Savagery. He says Sav-gery, it's funny and cool! Whole album is available.

Last edited by a moderator: