White Wizzard - The Devil's Cut

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Why has no one posted about this album? It's great! Sounding more like classic Maiden than before and with improved vocals. First song here is pure Maiden. Second song is a more commercial affair and is my second fave song on the new album with it's awesome chorus. My fave song however is the last one here, awesomely titled galloping epic, Torpedo of Truth!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge fan of traditional metal/power metal. A friend turned me on to this album the other day.
The samples I listened to didn't impress me much at the time, but on second listen here, I am really liking the songs.
Might have to pick this one up!

I'm glad to hear that this album is done! I've been dying to hear what this new lineup would do in the studio after seeing them on tour back in August. I think Jon Leon finally found the right guys to take this band to the next level. I've enjoyed all of the band's releases so far, but this may just be their best yet. I know they tour this country quite frequently, but they really haven't gotten the recognition that they deserve. Perhaps a ProgPower appearance would do the trick.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Agree with Met-Al. The last tour showed me their best lineup I've ever seen. The singer they have now is fantastic! I hope they stay stable and do some more shows soon.

I saw them on their last tour as well. The vocalist took me a minute to get use to, but I quickly started to enjoy what he was doing. And the guitar player was sensational. That said, this does nothing for me. It just feels so basic.

And I can't help but comment on the artwork... it may be the worst I've ever seen.

I saw them on their last tour as well. The vocalist took me a minute to get use to, but I quickly started to enjoy what he was doing. And the guitar player was sensational. That said, this does nothing for me. It just feels so basic.

And I can't help but comment on the artwork... it may be the worst I've ever seen.

I agree....I don't think they will ever have a stable line up. I saw them once and it was so disjointed with thier look to everything about them. Not consistant at all. I have thier first two which I enjoy but I would rather put my money towards a band that isn't changing members every week.

Just came to post about this. Loved their last two releases. I too am surprised they don't get more talk on this forum. Despite being from LA, neither Laser's Edge or CD Inzane carry their stuff. I had to get their last two discs from Amazon. I love their mid-tempo stuff, especially. The new art for the new album isn't mind-blowing, but the art for, "Flying Tigers" was absolutely killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hummm. You don't remember the first Wolf disc? At least, the White Wizzard logo is kinda cool :devil:
340.jpg

Love White Wizzard, their last album was incredible and from the bits I've heard the new one is going to be another step in the right direction. The Maiden is strong with this one! :headbang:

Here is the difference:
1) The debut WOLF album artwork sucks in a RIOT sort of way
2) The new WHITE WIZARD artwork sucks in an Ozzfest/White/Rob Zombie sort of way

Conclusion = WOLF wins!