speed metal

iekobrid

Authorized XSr™ Dealer
Feb 2, 2006
Doogie Howser, MD
mustaine23wh3-Ha_893986gm-a.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/my-car/mega-fast-aston-martin-a-cop-magnet/article1717217/

' Nowadays, the founder of Megadeth still has a fast-paced lifestyle – the 49-year-old has a new book out called Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir, and Megadeth has released a new Rust in Peace Live CD and DVD and is doing a massive world tour.

And, at home in California, he enjoys driving fast in his 2004 Aston Martin Vanquish S.

“When I saw it in James Bond, I thought, ‘God, I like that car!’

“It’s one of those cars where you actually love it or you hate it. I loved it. It was a sexy car. The motor is pretty fierce,” he boasts.

He's not afraid to push the V-12 to its limits, either. “I do like speed. The top speed of this car is in the neighbourhood of 200 miles an hour. I’ve only gotten it up to 120 because there’s a lot of traffic where I live.

“I had a sheriff with me at the time I did it. If anybody thinks it was reckless it was, but I had a cop with me,” he laughs. '

' “I got my first paycheque when I was with Megadeth and I went out and bought a Z28 with a blueprinted motor, six-speed, lowered convertible and went to downtown Los Angeles, conducted a drug buy and had two enormous guns stuck over the roof telling me to freeze because my friend that I took there to score decided to do it right in front of some undercover cops.

“I’m glad they didn’t take my car away. So he went to jail and they made him come back and finger the guy that did it. He was sitting in the cell with the guy that he bought from and I’m thinking, ‘Man, he must have gotten his ass beaten!’ ” '

mustaine23wh4-ho_893988gm-f.jpg