"Stay Forever" - Delain video released today, 10/16/09

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009

"Stay Forever" is the second video coming from the April Rain album which Delain released earlier this year.

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the song, and I can't wait to see them live, any word on Marco singing with them?

I thought it sounded too much by-the-numbers. With all these symphonic/beauty-and-the-beast metal bands you really need to bring a certain something to stand out. Nice production values on the video though.

Love the song, and I can't wait to see them live,

+1

She owns me. And I like the MUSIC, not JUST her.

By-the-numbers maybe, but it's the right numbers for me. And I see the beauty, but thankfully no beast. That's probably why I like them. :)

To each their own though. I can understand why some will slag on them. Just try to keep this ONE thread somewhat positive, eh?

hehehehe, yeah, right.

/me counts down until the thread-shitters arrive.....

I thought it sounded too much by-the-numbers. With all these symphonic/beauty-and-the-beast metal bands you really need to bring a certain something to stand out. Nice production values on the video though.

+1

I just can't get into this band. I think it's time for me to throw in the towel.

However, I do hope they do a great job and ProgPower, and that their fans thoroughly enjoy the set. :) :headbang:

+1

I just can't get into this band. I think it's time for me to throw in the towel.

However, I do hope they do a great job and ProgPower, and that their fans thoroughly enjoy the set. :) :headbang:

I think they are just OK. As said before, they don't really stand out to me. Personally, I prefer the other Within Temptation spinoff, Kingfisher Sky.

I'll probably enjoy Delain's set anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of things. First, does anyone else get annoyed by the slow motion parts where her singing isn't matching up to her lips. I know all music videos dub it in, but this is blatantly obvious and just doesn't work for me.

Secondly, I understand people who don't get into this band. I wasn't sold on them and I too thought they were just rehashing it up from the "April Rain" video. However, last week when I was in Best Buy I saw their cd and thought what the hell, let's go for it. haha. And actually, after listening to the disc in full I really enjoy listening to their stuff now.

This is the band I am most looking forward to seeing! I can't stop playing their 2 CD's :)

BTW... Did not know that Drew had joined Delain as their bass player :heh: