Still some opportunites to get Morglbled!

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
With their incredible Nearfest performance behind them, Mörglbl has a few more dates slated for the East Coast. Catch them before they head back to France.

June 26 - The Grog and Tankard, Washington DC 8PM
June 27 - Macs The Club, Essex, Maryland 8PM
June 28 - The Red House, Baltimore, Maryland 5PM (2 early sets!)

www.myspace.com/morglbl

Man, that dude can shred! I live close enough, I think I may have to go and check out these guys! I'd rather see them at Mac's (played there before too), but I have a previous engagement. However I see the Red House place is close as well, so I may be attending that show. Thanks for the heads up!

He shreds? He can play wickedly fast but I wouldn't call it shredding. I really wish I could see them live =/

Man, that dude can shred! I live close enough, I think I may have to go and check out these guys! I'd rather see them at Mac's (played there before too), but I have a previous engagement. However I see the Red House place is close as well, so I may be attending that show. Thanks for the heads up!

Dude, you really should go check them out... I'd KILL to get a show anywhere near the Midwest!

He shreds? He can play wickedly fast but I wouldn't call it shredding. I really wish I could see them live =/

Yes, he can.......:heh:

Shredding does not have to mean mindless guitar wankery and I agree that Chris does not do that. Having the ability to and throwing passages of that in there clearly demonstrates that his technique is unreal and his articulation of notes is so clear -- there is NO doubt in my mind that this guy shreds. He just doesn't heavily rely on that and is a more diverse player. His phrasing is much better than the standard neo-classical shredding (what you are probably are thinking of as the definiton) and plays significantly more difficult lines and does so in rapid fire when he desires. I checked out their MySpace at work today and listened to all of the songs and thought he was awesome. I heard the Holdsworth influence and confirmed that with his list of influences.

I really want to go to the show on Saturday and hope it really starts @ 5. Essex and Canton are both 40-45 minutes away from me, but can't make the Essex one. Anybody else think they might be going to the early Saturday shows?