STRIDE makes the top 3 in contest to open for Bon Jovi

metropolisimages

Ion Drive
Apr 7, 2005
Houston, TX
www.eternityblack.com
Stride entered a local contest to open for Bon Jovi with Mix 96.5 radio in Houston. They were just informed moments ago that they made the top 3. You can go online starting monday the 13th through friday the 17th and vote for Stride. The band with the most votes out of the 3 bands will be the opener for Bon Jovi at The Toyota Center in Houston... Here is the link: www.khmx.com/pages/hang.html
Stride appreciates your help and support.....

Well..

...being the sponsor for Stride for PPUSA6...all I can say is...

FUCK YEAH!

Rock on!

That is quite copacetic... will also be checking back to vote. This was also included on that linked page:

"The winning band not only gets to kick off the Houston show — they'll also be entered in a national competition through which one band will be picked to open for Bon Jovi at Giants Stadium this summer and receive a demo deal!!!"

How kick ass would it be for them to get the GS gig also?? :D

I actually think this would be a great gig for Stride. Most Bon Jovi fans I meet/know are into metal, at least to some degree. I dont think there are many metal bands out there with as much crossover potential as Stride, but in a good way. Opening for Bon Jovi could only help them. Although if I had my pick, I'd rather see a Stride North American headlining tour.....

rockyracoon said:
I actually think this would be a great gig for Stride. Most Bon Jovi fans I meet/know are into metal, at least to some degree. I dont think there are many metal bands out there with as much crossover potential as Stride, but in a good way. Opening for Bon Jovi could only help them. Although if I had my pick, I'd rather see a Stride North American headlining tour.....

I totally agree, I love all kinds of metal and I am a Bon Jovi nut... Stride has the sound that could win a lot of the BJ fans over... I will wait to cast my vote and hope for the best for them!

Bryan316 said:
I am gonna spam tha FUCK outta that voting system... at work, at home, at my friends' houses, my bandmates....

You know it! Ive got a few places I can post about this, that I hope can bring in some large numbers of votes. Ill keep an eye out for the start of the contest.

I just voted for the first (of many) times! I've been online looking to see what is going on in the Fresno area to see who maybe doing the opening for BJ on that show. I heard on the radio in L.A. yesterday they are doing the same thing....haven't heard which bands are in the running for the L.A. or Fresno shows. BEST OF LUCK STRIDE, WE'RE ALL PULLING FOR YOU!:hotjump: