Struck Gold today!

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I was out and about on Saturday and decided to swing by my local crappy Used CD store. Low and behold in the 3.99 discount bin I came across Majestic's "Trinity Overture" For anyonee who has not heard this band, do so immediately. They are neo-classical geniuses, this CD kicks butt, I have their first CD, but their new singer blows the old one away. I also picked up a brand new copy of Dream Theater's limited edition re-release of "Dreams" They also had a CD by a band called "Wizard" Bound by steel, it was pretty good; The music sounded like Manowar with a power metal singer. Now let me get to the point of my post. Anyone else ever have similar experiences, and been able to find a really hard-to-find,import or rare CD at their local CD store, that caught them by surprise. Sorry if this post comes across as LAM

No dude ! It's not LAME at all. That's what I like when in a strange city. I alway's go hunting for those diamonds in the dust. That's how I picked up the first two Kamelot albums really cheap.

Boston is great for used CDs. There are loads of second hand CD stores and I think I picked up the entire Iron Maiden (up to SIT) and Ozzy catalog (up to NMT) for like $4 each. Metal CDs are not cool enough for students so they sell all their metal CDs when they leave home and come to Harvard, and then start buying Dave Matthews and REM albums instead. So like the vulture that I am, I swoop in and pick up some second hand gems. :lol:

And I don't even live in Boston. :lol: :lol:

Yeah - if you're ever in a student town like Boston or Philadelphia, go check out the second hand CD stores around late Aug/early Sept! It's hysterical - all the students are quickly getting rid of their metal CDs because it's not cool to own them, so they swap them out for Radiohead and U2 CDs. You can get the metal really cheap.

I picked up Painkiller for $1.99 (only because I had it once on tape and thought it would be good to have on CD). I also got Demolition for $3 and I think I wasted the $3! That's the worst thing I have ever heard. Damn students! Even their metal tastes are crap.

:lol:

I found Pain of Salvation and Digital ruin 2 weeks ago 7 bucks each. Try finding P.O.S "Entropia" online for that price, or anywhere for that matter. Anyone heard of the labels Loud 'n' proud or hemisphere entertainment. Anways the guy in Sweden I have been buying all my albums from lately;is the owner of those labels L & P is now defunct. I buy alot of stuff from him, his stuff is new and usually 10 bucks a disc or under. if anyone wants his e-mail adress let me know. Im trying to make this guy some cash, he rocks!!!

This guy in Sweden should perhaps set up a little web-site. That way he can keep a list of his CDs, the prices, and instructions on how to order. He could be up and running in an hour.

I would feel awkward just sending a mail to someone...!