Suggestion for next year

Kaosaur

Apr 8, 2006
Bluffton, SC
So Glenn, I think the Video announcement thing was a great success!

I was thinking that it might be good if possible to make the announcement slightly earlier during fest next year if it is done again so that everyone has one last chance to rush the vendors for CDs for the next year.

I would love to have had a chance to bring home a Pathosray CD right now...a couple of the other bands too.

EDIT: I'm quite positive this post makes me an idiot...I'm still throwing the idea out there anyway.

An unlikely alternative would be keeping the vendors there till 3+ and likely not making any money during the headline set...

I did say it was somewhat of a dumb idea...I'm just trying to get some ideas going about finding some way to walk away with music for the next year if bands are being announced at the fest.

Watching the crowd react to the PP IX lineup announcemnts was like watching people in the audience on "The Price is Right" go bezerk and bouncy when their name is called. :lol:

An unlikely alternative would be keeping the vendors there till 3+ and likely not making any money during the headline set...

I did say it was somewhat of a dumb idea...I'm just trying to get some ideas going about finding some way to walk away with music for the next year if bands are being announced at the fest.

You can buy from the any of the vendors there online. The End is the exact same price with no shipping ever. Exploding Ned doesn't charge shipping on orders over $50, and Century Media doesn't on orders over $100.

I've got a better idea. How about after each band plays, show on the video screen which band will be playing in that slot next year.

That will give plenty of time to go and rush the vendor tables.

Watching the crowd react to the PP IX lineup announcemnts was like watching people in the audience on "The Price is Right" go bezerk and bouncy when their name is called. :lol:

You are so right. :loco::lol: I especially loved the group of guys that were hi-5ing each other then passing the word on via cell phone.

It was even funnier watching the crew on stage. They could see our reactions, but couldn't see the video, and many of them did not know the final lineup. Peering around the curtain, asking "Who? Who?" :lol:

I've got a better idea. How about after each band plays, show on the video screen which band will be playing in that slot next year.

That will give plenty of time to go and rush the vendor tables.

This is a fantastic idea. :headbang: I really think that this would be a great way to do it. And maybe between sets, the video could showcase a couple full songs from thus announced bands. So instead of having the random songs going.....during the setup time there could be any video or pictures going on on the screen of the announced band, along with songs from the bands. This would be beyond awesome.

Picture this..... JOP just finishes a mindblowing set filled with 'Tage Classics along with tunes from his stellar solo discs.....only to be followed (maybe a couple minutes later) by the word ADAGIO!!! Then followed by a few full kickass tunes (with band pictures and such going on on the monitors). This also gives those unfamiliar to listen to a couple full songs right then. This way they can get a better feel, and decide to go buy every disc they can find from Adagio in the vendors room. And for those of us who love the band...we can headbang not only during the sets of PPIX.....but between them as well. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

I hope the video will be posted somewhere. I want to see it again, and also show it to a friend of mine who is considering coming next year.

I like the quote "Cool shit, eh?" I agree, someone worked hard on that one.