Summer 2010 movie thread

BenMech

student of the d'eh
Archives didn't catch one, so:

I haven't seen a film on cinema screens (as opposed to dvds at home) since Avatar 3D in December.

Yesterday, I saw Toy Story 3/3D.

After the wonderful Pixar short "Day and Night", the beginning sequence of TS3 with the train made me smile and laugh from far to wide in pleasure.

It goes on from there 'til the end, which had me with tears and sobs.

Pixar/Disney excel with the heartstring tugging, plus their usual genius.

Highly recommended.

Next film I'm looking forward to is Inception, but I'm on the lookout for more Netflix-y midsize films to add to the queue.

Archives didn't catch one, so:

I haven't seen a film on cinema screens (as opposed to dvds at home) since Avatar 3D in December.

Yesterday, I saw Toy Story 3/3D.

After the wonderful Pixar short "Day and Night", the beginning sequence of TS3 with the train made me smile and laugh from far to wide in pleasure.

It goes on from there 'til the end, which had me with tears and sobs.

Pixar/Disney excel with the heartstring tugging, plus their usual genius.

Highly recommended.

Next film I'm looking forward to is Inception, but I'm on the lookout for more Netflix-y midsize films to add to the queue.

Inception is definitely the film I'm most looking forward to this year. At least that I know of. Summer usually isn't my cup of tea though since I like more indie films than anything else, but I find this summer to be the worst one yet for movies. I do want to see Toy Story 3 though. I just don't know if I will end up seeing it on the big screen or not.

I want to see TS3 but my husband hadn't seen the other two. Watched the first on blu-ray last night. Hoping to get the other in sometime by the end of this weekend so we can see TS3 sometime before it exits. Unfortunately we're busy all of 4th of July and the weekend after that and its hard to fit a movie in on a weekday right now.

Been watching Friday Night Lights and a bunch of junk movies on Netflix Instant.

That's my problem with Inception - you have no clues as to what, exactly, it's about. From what I can gather, it's about people who can go into the dreams of others', and tamper with their minds/dreams. It seems that somewhere along the way the line between dream and reality gets blurred for at least one of the characters.

I think.

Al and I went and saw Toy Story 3 last weekend, and loved it. :) My mom and I saw Prince of Persia not long before that. Other than me being nitpicky about the horses (seriously? Friesian in the desert? I DON'T THINK SO. And horse barding? On DESERT warhorses? Uh, no) I really enjoyed the film. Lots of action, lots of humor, and the chemistry between Dustan and the Princess were pretty awesome. I was actually reminded of Aladdin a couple of times. :)

I'm going with Inception as well. It has a very strong cyberpunk theme in it (not knowing what's real and what isn't).

Prince of Persia was fair aside from the white-washing.

Jonah Hex (my pops wanted to see it because it's a cowboy movie) was pretty awful. Megan Fox was totally out of place. The only good thing about it really was that it seemed short.

I'm going with Inception as well. It has a very strong cyberpunk theme in it (not knowing what's real and what isn't).

Jonah Hex (my pops wanted to see it because it's a cowboy movie) was pretty awful. Megan Fox was totally out of place. The only good thing about it really was that it seemed short.

Wasn't she also actually in the movie for all of 10 minutes despite every preview misleading you to believe she was a main character?

They need to stop doing these quirky westerns. They never work.