Sun Caged - Artemisia

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
The new Sun Caged album doesn't disappoint. I was a bit skeptical since all members except Marcel Coenen had left, but the new guys have done a phenomenal job. New vocalist Paul Villarreal is quite different; he does lots of harmonising and stuff, but he fits the bill. The keyboard player is killer too. There are some
sweeter vocal parts, but overall it still retains its trademark heaviness.

Recommended to fans of Dali's Dilemma and Threshold circa Extinct Instinct.

Read for full review:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=4879

Any thoughts on this disc?

Its freaking awesome, its going to be one of the best releases of the year for sure...The new vocalist sound alot like Ted Leonard from Enchant and thats a good thing...

Bear

Its freaking awesome, its going to be one of the best releases of the year for sure...The new vocalist sound alot like Ted Leonard from Enchant and thats a good thing...

Bear

Holy CRAP - cannot WAIT to hear this now....

Man 2007 is really looking sweet with new albums from so many great bands!!
:headbang:

Wow! This release definitely has that factor going for it. Just like Pagan's Mind's CE, Redemption's TFoT, Astral Door's EIF, or Outworld's s/t...this made me sit up straight in my chair from the get go. Every now & then somebody puts something out that grabs me immediately. This is one of those. Great staccato rhythm sections...and yeah, that singer is dead on for Ted in Enchant. l'd almost swear it was him incognito. Prekrasno!

Hey all

thanks for the awesome words and the belief and trust in the band !

And yes, we were supposed to play the preparty some years back but we had to cancel since of band members going away, but as you all can see the band is back in the ring and stronger then ever ! So if PP USA needs another band ... (hint hint ;)

marcel (Sun Caged)