Symphony X Question

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
A couple of days ago, the Symphony X tour dates showed up on Pollstar; the itinerary says they will be at Earthlink on November 15th. Does this mean that

a) they will be appearing as non-playing special guests, to sign autographs, etc.

or

b) this date was mistakenly loaded by Pollstar, since Symphony X is opening the rest of the Blind Guardian dates?

There's still nothing about it on the Symphony X website, so I'm guessing the answer is b)?

I just got my tickets to see Symphony X open for Blind Guardian in Chicago. That show will rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is another band that will play that night called Twelfth Gate. Anybody ever heard about them?

Just got my tix for the NY show! Will Twelfth Gate be playing at the NY show too does anyone know? I've never heard of them.

It was originally going to be Hammerfall, until they decided to take the Dio tour instead. But who cares about Hammerfall when you get SyX and BG back to back!

:headbang:

Originally posted by Demonspell
I joked that I was going to start a one-man campaign to get Hammerfool off the bill by any means necessary... :)

Not sure if you saw on the "General Music Discussion" forum, but there was a poll on 'Worst Metal Genre'. By far, Power Metal got the most votes.

Why? Because everyone still thinks power metal is Manowar and Hammerfall....

030.jpg

Yeah, I think Manowar ain't too great, but Hammerfall is a completely different story. They would fit in better at a BG concert than Sym-X. BG and Sym-X are way different. BG's lyrics are very fantasy oriented as are Hammerfall's. Sym-X's lyrics are all over the place.

Originally posted by 97reb
Yeah, I think Manowar ain't too great, but Hammerfall is a completely different story. They would fit in better at a BG concert than Sym-X. BG and Sym-X are way different. BG's lyrics are very fantasy oriented as are Hammerfall's. Sym-X's lyrics are all over the place.

Don't you think that makes it better though? I mean, I'm not a huge prog fan, but I do really like SyX (if they're even considered prog anymore).

I think too much of the same thing might get a bit tiring. Hammerfall are now supporting Dio - can you imagine 3 hours of dragons and swords etc? Variety is the spice of life! :D

Hammerfall are now supporting Dio - can you imagine 3 hours of dragons and swords etc? Variety is the spice of life!

Here's a fun two weekends... ProgPower with Blind Guardian on Nov. 15 & 16th. Then off to Washington D.C for BG with Symphony X on Nov. 22, and back to Atlanta for Hammerfall and Dio on the 24th. :)

If you gotta have variety, you can always make it the different places you see a show. :)

--Mike

Originally posted by Wishmaster
and back to Atlanta for Hammerfall and Dio on the 24th. :)

The Dio/Hammerfall/King's X show is on the 25th, not the 24th. just so you don't miss it.

and incidentally, what's everyone on this thread's problem with Hammerfall? they're not anything new or different, but they do it well enough, in my opinion. They were really cool when I saw them open for Death on the Sound of Perseverence tour.

Ryan

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
and incidentally, what's everyone on this thread's problem with Hammerfall? they're not anything new or different, but they do it well enough, in my opinion. They were really cool when I saw them open for Death on the Sound of Perseverence tour.

Ryan

I agree...I don't think Hammerfall's anything to write home about, but I think they do what they do very well, and it's cheesy but entertaining. I've heard they're a lot more fun to listen to live than on an album.

Personally, I find Hammerfall a little too traditional - I put them in the same category as bands like Primal Fear, or Dream Evil. There's just no 'twists' to the music IMO.

If I want a dose of cheese, I normally reach for a Rhapsody CD - Symphony of Enchanted Lands is fantastique! :D

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Personally, I find Hammerfall a little too traditional - I put them in the same category as bands like Primal Fear, or Dream Evil. There's just no 'twists' to the music IMO.

Yeah... that type of music is so stale.

The Dio/Hammerfall/King's X show is on the 25th, not the 24th. just so you don't miss it.

D'oh! That would be a typo on my part there. :)

Never seen Hammerfall live before, and Dio is always a fun show. Kinda wonder why King's X will be there. Saw them at the DT/Satriani show in August, and they didn't look all that inspired on stage.

--Mike

Have you got tickets? Maybe it's booked but the tickets are not on sale yet.

Notice also how the first night of the tour has been cancelled already....