Symphony X Should compose a new epic on the trojan war

Knight of the Templar said:
Ever listened to Blind Guardian's And then there was silence?

Awesome. Hansi wrote some great lyrics for that one...

That song is one of the best when you sit down and actually take the time to understand every line in the song.

I think the WW2 idea would be pretty cool though, I think Evergrey has more of the sound for it (a little more darker, less fantasy, more realistic->whatever that means i guess :D ), but I think SymX could definately pull it off.

when i think war songs i think iron maiden

and anyways, the next symph x epic should be on macbeth
im actually trying to write one, got 1 and a half songs done, but if they want the idea they can have it.

karelrulez said:
I thought epics were all about cheese?

no, it IS, always HAS BEEN, and always WILL BE about PIE. :)

well about "the Iliad" idea. I personally would absolutely love that. I even asked Romeo after one of the shows on the Odyssey tour if they were gonna do a concept album on the Iliad. I was a little disappointed that he said "no, it's just gonna be a bunch of tunes" or something along those lines but then I remembered, that I think TDWOT and The Odyssey are two of the greatest non-concept albums i've ever heard........ so therefore the next album will kick ass with that as a reminder of their ass-kicking-ness...... there is no reason not to have full faith in the band......... none.

I would be kinda cool if they did an epic on the battle of troy for the last song (or second to last) like they did on the odyssey and TDWOT.

Manowar already did this on The Triumph of Steel on the 28 minute long song "Achillies: Agony and Ecstasy in 8 Parts". A Symphony X version would kick this one's ass, though, because the song had 5 minutes of the same guitar riff over and over, a 7 minute drum solo and one of those weird Joey DeMaio bass solos where it's good at the beginning and then becomes madness.

ClarifyAmbiguity said:
Jag Panzer did a great one a few years ago, Thane to the Throne.
mine will own theirs

as soon as i find someone to sing, that is. Im all set other than that

already wrote most of the songs, ready to drop drums, guitar and bass. Just dont know anyone with a good voice for it, and like hell im singing.

Connauch said:
Symphony X should do an epic about The Dark Crystal or The Labirynth (get David Bowie to cameo on this one!)

ha! i use to love those movies as a kid. David Bowie as a cameo, now thats funny! that would be so strange. as far as a concept album about a war, i don't know if i would really like that for SX. they have always been a bit more...fantasy i guess. (i don't really know a better word to describe their music) but it would be different, that might be kinda cool too. i think Troy wouldn't be a bad idea, however it would probably be too similar to The Odyssey, with that era and with the gods and all.