Tainted Nation : some damn fine hard rocking stuff

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Quite a line-up:

Pete Newdeck – Vocals (EDEN’S CURSE, GRIM REAPER, KILLERS, STEVE GRIMMETT) (The singer is also Eden's Curse's drummer)
Pontus Egberg – Bass (THE POODLES, LIONS SHARE, ZAN CLAN)
Ian Nash – Guitar (Steve Grimmett, LIONSHEART)
Mark Cross – Drums (FIREWIND, OUTLOUD, HELLOWEEN, KINGDOM COME)

Samples can be found there at the end of the review. I like this stuff quite a bit. Hard rocking stuff with a modern edge and lots of melodies.
http://www.dangerdog.com/2013-music-reviews/tainted-nation-fear.php#.UPzAjSflB8E

Last edited by a moderator:
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/198465 :

New rockers TAINTED NATION have released their aptly titled 'Million Dollar Teaser' video on YouTube below. This clip is to raise awareness and promote the debut album F.E.A.R., released on January 25th on Massacre Records.

Bassist Pontus Egberg cheerfully says: “For this, we wanted to show that we do have fun playing rock’n roll! We all feel the same pleasure working together with such great chemistry.”

Vocalist Pete Newdeck added: “There was no expense spared making this creative masterpiece of a teaser clip under the supervision of Cross. It oozes class! In all seriousness, we are having a ball and blown away by almost every album review. So far, so good.”

p17esc3o3h1b211uo14vlspc1bol4.jpg

TAINTED NATION Announce New Guitarist

UK-based rockers TAINTED NATION have announced the addition of guitarist Joel Peters (FURY) to the group’s ranks.

Commented drummer Mark Cross: “We’d like to introduce to you and welcome Joel Peters, former guitarist of the band Fury, to the Tainted Nation family. Since we started rehearsing and playing live with the band, we realised how important a second guitar was, especially for our live performances. We had Joel along since day one, but recently invited him to become a member Joel is an extremely gifted guitar player and great singer and brings a fourth dimension to our set up. Joel will be on tour with us, check Taintednation.co.uk for all details. See you all soon on tour!”

TAINTED NATION Announce New Guitarist

UK-based rockers TAINTED NATION have announced the addition of guitarist Joel Peters (FURY) to the group’s ranks.

Commented drummer Mark Cross: “We’d like to introduce to you and welcome Joel Peters, former guitarist of the band Fury, to the Tainted Nation family. Since we started rehearsing and playing live with the band, we realised how important a second guitar was, especially for our live performances. We had Joel along since day one, but recently invited him to become a member Joel is an extremely gifted guitar player and great singer and brings a fourth dimension to our set up. Joel will be on tour with us, check Taintednation.co.uk for all details. See you all soon on tour!”

Cool. I always prefer 2 guitars for a live band. Not that I have a chance in hell to see Tainted Nation live over here though...:cool:

New video from this excellent Tainted Nation album, which is one of my fave releases of 2013. Catchy stuff!!

TAINTED NATION Back 'On The Outside' in February

"...On 26.02.2016, Tainted Nation is looking forward to the release of their follow-up album entitled “On The Outside”. This record was recorded in Tewkesbury, UK and Stockholm, Sweden, and produced & mixed by Pete Newdeck. Pontus Norgren of Hammerfall has co-written the tracks “Live And Die”, “Karma” and “Back To Earth” and provided a couple of guest solos, Nick Workman (Vega) appears as backing vocalist on the track “On The Outside” and Issa is performing a duet with singer Pete Newdeck at “Pulling Me Under”.

Line-up: Pete Newdeck (vocals), Mark Cross (drums), Pontus Egberg (bass), Ian Nash (guitars), Joel Peters (guitars)..."

taintednation-ontheoutside_0.jpg

TAINTED NATION - "Fight"

Reactions: VenomGA