TERAMAZE: Her Halo

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
TERAMAZE PREMIER “OUT OF SUBCONSCIOUS” MUSIC VIDEO

"... BraveWords is hosting the North American premier of “Out Of Subconscious”, the new music video from Melbourne, Australia’s progressive metal ensemble, Teramaze. The track is featured on the band’s new album, Her Halo. An EPK for the album can also be found below.

Directed by Matthew Smith and edited by JD Lakhiani of Stagewolf productions, the story for the “Out Of Subconscious” video revolves around a janitor who falls in love with a dancer at the theater he works at. The dancer is choked to death by the theater’s owner, which sends the janitor into a rampage to avenge her death. Watch the clip below..."

TeramazeHerHalo.jpg

Album trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kez
Mascot Records streamed the whole album on YouTube today.

May I be the first to say I'm extraordinarily impressed with it. They've turned the prog up to 11, with bass solos, keyboards, weird meters, and 13 and 10 minute long songs, and taken out even more of the thrash elements or put them as an ingredient in the riff-driven recipe. I enjoyed AnhedoniA and really liked Teramaze's prior vocalist, but this album has a lot more diversity and creativity to it, and is much more engaging lyrically and from a melodic standpoint. They sound hungry to re-establish themselves after quite a few lineup changes and that momentum is difficult to replicate. It's tough to see Teramaze topping this one but we will see.

I've heard about 3 songs from this album by now and I'm thinking that it'll hit a top 10 slot for me in an already crowded year. Talk about taking a leap forward.

The last album was good and this impresses early with hope for a another solid album.

TERAMAZE – FROM OUT OF THE ORDINARY...

"...According to (guitarist Dean) Wells, Her Halo has also opened things up to the possibility of Teramaze touring outside of Australia.

"That's very much in the works, in part because of Mascot (Records) and because we've wanted to do it for a long time. We're looking at tours for February and March 2016, so if they come through we'll be playing Europe and hopefully America. Now it seems to be a better time than ever. The last couple albums were out through Nightmare Records and we were actually one of their bigger sellers. We've got a small following in North America, Europe and Australia. It's one of those things as a musician where it's tough because it doesn't matter how good the music is, the question is how to get it out to the people. That's probably the biggest difference between the last album being on Nightmare and this new one being on Mascot Records...."

Lance certainly did his part to push their discs. He's the reason I picked up Anhedonia a few years ago. Of course, everything after that was down to Teramaze being good.

It would be awesome to see them tour. It would be awesomer to see them at PPUSA.

I picked this up on the recommendation of Mare Thomas whom we always seemed to end up sitting by at PP. She kept telling me how good it was. WOW...this is absolutely incredible!!! A progressive melodic masterpiece with awesome vocals! The fluidity that the songs demonstrate while still having a ton of progressive elements and catchy hooks is what sets this apart from all other releases. They are now my most anticipated performance for PP18!!!

This was my favorite album last year, hands down. This is the album Circus Maximus should have put out after Nine. Hopefully, since they are playing at PP next year more people will check it out.
I know some people liked the more thrashy previous iteration of Teramaze, but to me their current stylings are really their strongest. I liked Anhedonia, it was good. Esoteric Symbolism was better. Her Halo is freakin great, though. I suspect that they're going to really catch people's attention next year.

Reactions: engmtlhd and Kez
Teramaze is amazing. I freaking love this album and was on my top 3 list for next year and it happened! People will be completely blown away I am sure....Dean Wells works closely with Chris Porcianko from VP as well, so if thats any measure expect nothing less than awesome!

Bear

Reactions: engmtlhd and Kez
The last two Teramaze albums are really impressive. I wasn't sure about the new singer on Her Halo but it's grown on me and they are definitely one of the reasons I will be attending next year.

I LOVE this album! I was already into it some before PP this year, but now I can't get enough of it! Melodic, crunchy, tasteful technical elements, GREAT vocals, etc... I can't wait to meet/work with these guys and see their set!

I somehow thought you might be liking this. Can't believe we haven't talked about these guys!

Much like the VP announcement last year, as soon as Teramaze was announced, I was good to go for next year!! Glad you're enjoying as much as I still am.

I meant to buy Her Halo as I think it was on Glenn's top 50 and I liked the sound of it. So I got it after the fest this year and it is fucking awesome. Big score can't wait to see these guys!