That Metal Show

I watched an episode once and that questionaire was ridiculous. Some guy asked about some underground Kiss live kvlt pressing on LP, and then they talked about how Zeppelin is or isn't metal.

Even though I hate her to the umpteenth degree, Juliya from Fuse TV has more metal integrity in her pinkie thank Eddie Trunk does in his entire body..

I missed this...how does a slipknot fangirl have more metal integrity than an 80s metalhead?

I missed this...how does a slipknot fangirl have more metal integrity than an 80s metalhead?

Dude what the fuck is wrong with being a Slipknot fangirl? I'm sure even Eddie Trunk likes them. So what he's an 80's metalhead? Metallica is an 80s metal band. Are you gonna sit and tell me they have more metal integrity than Slipknot?

Dude what the fuck is wrong with being a Slipknot fangirl? I'm sure even Eddie Trunk likes them. So what he's an 80's metalhead? Tell me they have more metal integrity than Slipknot.

Actually, they kinda did when they were responding to someone's writein asking why they don't cover more Metal. The response was a little weak, but probably the main reason is that it is on VH1 Classic. But, Florintine was going on about liking Slipknot, but that's not what the focus on the show was.

Thing is, even if they went broader, they probably still wouldn't cover most of the stuff we listen to here.

Actually, they kinda did when they were responding to someone's writein asking why they don't cover more Metal. The response was a little weak, but probably the main reason is that it is on VH1 Classic. But, Florintine was going on about liking Slipknot, but that's not what the focus on the show was.

Thing is, even if they went broader, they probably still wouldn't cover most of the stuff we listen to here.

John I saw that and agree with you. When I was posting the last comment, I accidentally deleted part of it... Changing the meaning completely. :lol: Read it again now! :headbang:

Dude what the fuck is wrong with being a Slipknot fangirl? I'm sure even Eddie Trunk likes them. So what he's an 80's metalhead? Metallica is an 80s metal band. Are you gonna sit and tell me they have more metal integrity than Slipknot?

There is nothing against being a slipknot fangirl/boy, but it has no place in any discussion relating to metal

There is nothing against being a slipknot fangirl/boy, but it has no place in any discussion relating to metal

As far as I know, Slipknot plays metal. Maybe not exactly your preferred style, but it could still be considered metal. So I think it kinda does have place.

Just saw a little bit of an episode today. It seems alright. I'm definitely interested in the Anvil movie.

I don't know if anyone catch the season open of That Metal Show last night, but did anyone else find it strange they didn't mention a word about Kerri Lee's passing? I thought maybe they had taped it before her passing, but they had a new junk trunk girl last night. But I guess that really doesn't roll out that possibility.

It is ok for what it is.
Every now and then an underground band, like Quartz, does get a mention.

The questions on STUMP THE TRUNK are all pre-written, so what he gets right or wrong is obviously scripted. Half the people in the audience stumble on reading the question, as they themselves have no idea what is being asked. Also, every person in the crowd is wearing some sort of brand new t shirt which was obviously given as promotional items at the door.

The one thing I liked was when the side burn comedian made a call out to bands like Metallica, in saying, "Put your money where your mouth is and bring a band like ANVIL out on the road with you" Even if it was 100% scripted to say, it was still cool. I have been saying that myself for years, that it would be great for Metallica to payback some of their heroes (Saxon, Motorhead, Venom, etc) by bringing them out.

My wife who is not into metal at all watched it once with me. She made an interesting observation. It is like "Best Damn Sports Show", but for metal.

I went to a taping for this show two weeks ago when they had Winger on as guests. The fans really do get to ask questions for Stump The Trunk and they take all submissions before the taping begins. The fans have to write down their question and answer so that the staff from VH1 can go and research the question to make sure it is legit. From all of the submissions they get they choose three peoples questions and then give them a card before the taping begins with their question on it so if they get nervous during the taping they have their card to look down at. Trunk never sees the answers ahead of time.

Also there are no shirts given out at the door as promotional items. Everyone who lined up outside of the building before the show wore whatever they had on during the taping. During the Winger episode you will see me rocking my Firewind t-shirt.