The death metal thread

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
After having checked out a lot of your death metal suggestions, death metal has now risen to be my current favourite genre. I like discussing music with other people, but since none of my friends are into death metal (just managed to turn some of them into black metal fans, though), I have to turn to this board :)

I know there are a lot of death metal fans on this forum, so I'd like you all to discuss this brilliant genre. Recommend bands and albums. Make lists of your current top 10 death metal bands. Name your album/song of the week/month/year/whatever. This genre does indeed deserve a lot of attention, methinks.

My current favourite DM albums are Cannibal Corpse's "The Wretched Spawn", Decapitated's "The Negation", Malevolent Creation's "Retribute", and Psycroptic's "The Scepter Of The Ancients". I've also downloaded the following albums (can't wait to get into them):

Autopsy - Severed Survival
Brodequin - Festivals Of Death
Carcass - Necroticism
Decrepit Birth - ..And Time Begins
Deeds Of Flesh - Gradually Melted
Disgorge - Consume The Forsaken
Disgorge - Cranial Impalement
Exhumed - Gore Metal
Exhumed - Slaughtercult
Fleshgrind - Destined For Defilement
Goreopsy - Intentional Disfiguration
Gorerotted - Mutilated In Minutes
Gorerotted - Only Fools And Corpses
Gorgasm - Bleeding Profusely
Malevolent Creation - Envenomed
Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil
Pathologist - Re-Regurgitation Over Fuckin' Pathological Splatter
Psycroptic - The Isle Of Disenchantment
Vile - Stench Of The Deceased

I'll probably buy the lot of 'em if I like them (which I feel that I will do, after having listened through some of them :) )

Reactions: *Niko*
Morbid Angel's 'Gateways To Annihilation' is probably my all time favourite Death Metal album. Insision's "World Impaled" if possibly my favourite Death Metal song, if I don't really think about what other songs could possibly challenge for that position.

You have to check out:

Dying Fetus - Killing on Adrenaline, Destroy the Opposition, Purification Through Violence
Immolation - Close to a World Below, Unholy Cult
Aborted - Goremaggedon
Vader - Litany, Revolations
Disavowed - Perceptive Deception
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
Suffocation - Pierced From Within, Effigy of the Forgotten, Despise the Sun
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs, Black Sees of Vengeance, In their Darkened Shrines

To name a few of the best, I could name tons but these are some of my very favorite.

Check out Necrophagist...Very technical, they are the most progresive death metal I have ever heard. And Decapitated is sort of progresive too, but they don't touch Necrophagist.

Spirit In Black said:
You have to check out:

Dying Fetus - Killing on Adrenaline, Destroy the Opposition, Purification Through Violence
Immolation - Close to a World Below, Unholy Cult
Aborted - Goremaggedon
Vader - Litany, Revolations
Disavowed - Perceptive Deception
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
Suffocation - Pierced From Within, Effigy of the Forgotten, Despise the Sun
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs, Black Sees of Vengeance, In their Darkened Shrines

To name a few of the best, I could name tons but these are some of my very favorite.

Have got all of them except the Disawoved and the Aborted one. I've got plenty of DM albums on my PC (and also a growing number of "real" CDs in my CD rack), the ones I listed were just my latest downloads. Thanks anyway :) Anyone into Avulsed, by the way? Are they any good?

henrikmain said:
Have got all of them except the Disawoved and the Aborted one. I've got plenty of DM albums on my PC (and also a growing number of "real" CDs in my CD rack), the ones I listed were just my latest downloads. Thanks anyway :) Anyone into Avulsed, by the way? Are they any good?
Yeah Avulsed are good, great pounding drum sound and vocals. They even throw some cool melodic guitar in on some songs which makes them pretty unique.

These albums are absolutely amazing:
The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
Demilich - Nespithe
Miasma - Changes
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

Will check out the suggestions, except for the Arghoslent one. Call me a hypocrite or whatever you want, but after having read most of the stuff on their webpage, I don't feel the urge to go check out their music. Yes, I listen to some Burzum and early Nokturnal Mortum, but that Arghoslent bunch was just plain laughable, and at the same time, disgusting. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: SonOfNun
Guardian of Darkness said:
Demilich - Nespithe
Miasma - Changes
All these, as well as: Demigod - Slumber of Sullen eyes, Atheist - Unquestionable Presence, Immolation - Unholy Cult and Autopsy - Mental Funeral.

Not listening to Arghoslent because the band are assholes is retarded, sure they may be repulsive people, but does having a repugnant world-view make them worse than Jon Nodveit (Dissection) or Varg who are murderers? Don't deprive yourself of one of the best DM bands around just because you disagree with their lyrics. Since when were metal lyrics worth a damn anyway?

Gorgasm - Masticate to Dominate
Pustulated - Inherited Cryptorchidism

They fucking rule, I just got them recently.

I also recommend Foetopsy, Putrid Pile, and Saprogenic, but you probably know them.

You probably know my other suggestions from other threads. Needless to say your and mine death metal tastes pretty much overlap (except for Cannibal Corpse who I hate of course). But you have some great bands in your newest list, keep it up! :)

Guardian of Darkness said:
Demilich - Nespithe
Miasma - Changes

Hey Guardian, have you started writing for anus.com yet? ;)

Here are some favourites:

At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Death - Human
Martyr - Warp Zone/Hopeless Hopes (if they count as Death metal)
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick

get the new exhumed- anatomy is destiny. i also reccomend the vile cd. great DM from my area of northern california. you should also check out severed savior and impaled. both from the bay area.

my current DM favorites

exhumed- anatomy is destiny
deeds of flesh- reduced to ashes
krisiun- works of carnage
gorgasm- masticate to dominate

those are my newest additions. all are very solid.

ill be bringing my cd collection with me to norway if you wanna check out some other DM henrikmain
~gR~