The DVD shoot this year....

Pellaz said:
+ 1

Several times I thought "Okay, how much longer is this camera guy going to stand in this one spot? He makes a LOUSY window...."
Yea, 'fraid I have to agree with that. Tried to ignore him and not let it bother me, but it REALLY got obtrusive at times.

With all the musicians scheduled to join Jorn on stage for his set, and given Jorn's long history, it's hard to imagine him not being one of the bands who will be doing a DVD. Furthermore, I am unaware of any live DVD in his back catalog (but certainly could be wrong). His last disc, "The Duke", was also released worldwide just a few months ago (earlier in some countries like Japan). I'm all thumbs up for a PP Jorn DVD.

My guess that band #2 which has signed up for the DVD shoot as of this moment is Mercenary. Vision Divine is also possible, but given that Mercenary has had more commercial success than Vision Divine to this point, one would think they have more resources and a bigger market for a DVD. Mercenary will also have a new disc out this fall (which has already received a big thumbs up from Glenn), so a DVD follow-up to "The Hours That Remain" buzz next spring would make sense.

It's hard to imagine Evergrey doing a live DVD (of essentially the same show nonetheless, but in the USA) better than they did overseas where they had all their resources available. How well would a PPUSA DVD sell overseas for them? All comes down to $$$, and I'm sure the label spent a pretty penny on their most recent DVD. Same situation for Epica.

booB said:
um... Ark at ProgPower USA II?

um... Yngwie's tour with Dio?

Brain fart on the Ark appearance at PPII. Wasn't there to see it. I guess the Yngwie stint wasn't all that memorable for some reason ;)

So I guess to say the first live US appearance for the band, "Jorn" would be more accurate.

Due to the change of events, Circle II Circle have announced that they will film their headline performance for a high defintion dvd release. Said vocalist Zak Stevens (ex-Savatage), "The band and I weren't sure if we were going to do the video, but this move confirms that we are going for it big time now. I guess we are going to have to break out some REALLY rare songs for this show. I can't wait. On behalf of myself and the rest of the band, we would like to thank Glenn (festival promoter) , Shane (pre-party promoter), and everyone at Center Stage for getting this done. You guys are the best."

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

W.M.D. said:
Due to the change of events, Circle II Circle have announced that they will film their headline performance for a high defintion dvd release.

Hmmm...this news makes me wonder if they are going to revisit the idea of playing the upcoming CD in its entirety...

nightwish58 said:
I would assume VD would elect not to since they just recently relesed a DVD. With that said, I hope Olaf and the boys shoot again! I can't get enough of them.

I love Vision Divine as well, that would be so awesome if they do the shoot,
maybe the will since it's their only USA date so far. I can't wait to see them live.:headbang: