The mosh pit subject...

As a very tiny person, I am extremely happy about the no-moshing rule :p I almost had the breath knocked out of my little 5'2" body when some drunken idiot slammed into me when I was watching Eluveitie ._. So for the rest of the show I had to WATCH THE MOSH PIT instead of Eluveitie. But I couldn't really see anything, anyway (cuz I'm short).

I have been moshing since I was 15 at the first Headbangers Ball Tour with Anthrax, Exodus, and Helloween. I live in Texas where for the most part moshing is your rite of passage into metal. Moshing here is damn brutal, I have been kicked, punched, put in a headlock (at a rap-metal show of all things), elbowed, kneed, cut, stomped and trampled in mosh pits.

It's one of the things I love about metal. For that matter I was one of the chief instigators last year during Forbidden. I have seen moshpits at APOCALYPTICA FFS. The most brutal IMO, is a tie between Slipknot and a show I went to featuring Primus and Fishbone (you read that right).

With all that said. If every metal show I went to from now on, even if it was Cannibal Corpse and Deicide headlining, and no one moshed, I would not miss it.

I am EFFING TIRED of kids practicing their karate moves in the moshpit. I have had to put more than one kid down because of it (Gently, I practice Aikido and Jujutsu as well as internal Kung-fu like Tai chi). I am tired of people crowd surfing and instead of enjoying people passing them around like a human-sized joint, they fail around like they are having a seizure, and kicking/kneeing/punching people in the head.

I have seen to many, as Mr. Harvester would put it, "cunthammers" taking their aggression out on anyone near them and just making the concert experience suck syphilitic donkey balls.

So, Glenn if you never allow moshing again at ProgPower, regardless of how heavy an act is, I won't miss it, and my bald head will be circle-banging with the rest of you long hairs.

\m/

Ja

Rei

Considering these days I have thousands of $$ in camera gear with me,never mind the fact I'm old(don't let the muscles fool you,I'm still old,though I can get violent if provoked,see the end of this)..I despise moshing..
Any dick sniffer fucks up my camera gear,that person will lose teeth and other things and feel pain never felt before

Any dick sniffer fucks up my camera gear,that person will lose teeth and other things and feel pain never felt before

Glenn made a special point of walking the rail during the break before Forbidden, warning us lens jockeys of the mayhem that could ensue. I have to say, though - the rail stayed pretty safe.

And, yes, Mr. Harvester can turn a phrase with the best of them, as everyone above has commented.

I remember seeing Rock Am Ring back in 2004 and the Germans were moshing to the Fugees!!! I had fun moshing with my kids during Forbidden last year (except that it made me realize how old I am) but mosh pits nomally annoy the hell out of me and I am glad I don't have to worry about it at this fest.