The Murder of My Sweet

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
The new album is mostly a continuation of what we heard on the first one. However, this is not a bad thing. I do not typically lead to female vocal rock/metal, as often they are backed by poor compositions (even though Tori Amos is probably in my top 3 of all time). However, for those who are new to this band, here we have some great musicians. Or should I say, rock composers. This band is formed and led by one of my favorite musicians, Daniel Flores. While the lineup has changed vastly from the first album, we still have the thoughtful Flores compositions. At times it can sound simple, yet with Daniel there's so much more depth behind the exterior sound (the primary melodies in this case).

I'm not sure how classify the music. I suppose it is slightly gothy, popish, symphonic and yet proggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just yesterday I read about this band on the Eve's Apple facebook page.

Eve's Apple EXCLUSIVE:

"The second you decide to release your music for others to hear you must be prepared to become a role model for some. The messages I want to convey are ones about strength and self confidence. Today, too many musicians seem to forget just what they can accomplish with the words they write."

( ANGELICA RYLIN, The Murder of My Sweet )

255280_405024606221375_1592267544_n.jpg