The next HUGE band in hard rock...

The_Metal_Messiah

Dr Feelgood/Dropdown Suzi
Sep 14, 2009
Dallas, Ga
Will be Taking Dawn! Seriously check these guys out if you're a fan of 80s hard rock. Their debut comes out January 26th on Roadrunner and holy crap I cannot wait!!! Just watch their first music video here and tell me these guys aren't going to be HUGE!

I am really hoping these guys will bring some mainstream attention to more traditional (talented) styles of hard rock and heavy metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
really? at best they will be that band on every tour as the opening act. Nothing about this stands out. Sounds of the Underground or opening for larger acts will be thier career.

For all you non-believers, just wait.... These guys are Roadrunner's next big project. I've heard most of the album and its some of the catchiest rock and roll I've ever heard.

For all you non-believers, just wait.... These guys are Roadrunner's next big project. I've heard most of the album and its some of the catchiest rock and roll I've ever heard.

this statement basically covers the other thread about why Power Metal isnt popular in the states. With the part of "next big project". Basically it sounds like they are making a band and forcing it down peoples throats instead of letting the music speak for itself.

what's the album going to be called? And where are these guys from? I am assuming the US

I like the Kanye West spoof. They have a sense of humor. Something alot of newer mainstream rock acts are missing....Bringing some fun back into the music.

Well I for one do like it. I would be willing to shell out a few bucks to pick this one up if the rest of the CD is like the video. Thanks for the heads up Messiah.

I would tend to agree that this band will end be being pretty big. Great stuff. Great video.

I'd compare this band more to what Hinder is doing now than that other band someone else mentioned. A lot heavier and rowdier than Hinder though.

this statement basically covers the other thread about why Power Metal isnt popular in the states. With the part of "next big project". Basically it sounds like they are making a band and forcing it down peoples throats instead of letting the music speak for itself.

Nooooo Its not like that AT ALL! I've been listening to these guys for about 3 years now and watching them grow. They signed to Roadrunner about a year ago, and already had all the material for the album written and most of it demoed. What I meant is that Roadrunner sees the potential this band has and is putting a ton of money into the production and getting as many people to hear it as possible. They've been touring non-stop since the signing with bands like Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Drowning Pool, All That Remains, and Theory of a Deadman. I've seen them twice and they really deliver live. They put on a hell of a show and really engage the audience. When they came to Atlanta with All That Remains a couple months ago, I hung out with their singer all night and just talked about music and shit. He knows his metal. Hell, he knows his music in general. Plus they were flipping out cause 1. I knew who they were, and 2. I had been a fan since the beginning. They were really grateful and just cool guys. Its just fun, sleazy hard rock with a heavy 80s influence. And their catch phrase is "Catchier than herpes" hahahaha

Oh and they are from Las Vegas. And the album is titled "Time to Burn" You can hear samples from all the songs on Roadrunner's website. I've heard most of the album from past demos they had on their myspace over the years and I promise you there will not be a bad song on that album. (Unless you hate good music lol)

I noticed MusicChoice/Metal played a new song from them at least twice yesterday. It was kinda weird, because they listed the release date as 2010...first time I'd seen that on MusicChoice, but I see now it's an advance single from a release later in January.

Normally I'd ascribe that airplay on MusicChoice to good ol' payola, but....there's no rhyme or reason to what they play sometimes. They'll play current stuff, but then turn around and play obscure, unsigned bands.

Nooooo Its not like that AT ALL! I've been listening to these guys for about 3 years now and watching them grow. They signed to Roadrunner about a year ago, and already had all the material for the album written and most of it demoed. What I meant is that Roadrunner sees the potential this band has and is putting a ton of money into the production and getting as many people to hear it as possible. They've been touring non-stop since the signing with bands like Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Drowning Pool, All That Remains, and Theory of a Deadman. I've seen them twice and they really deliver live. They put on a hell of a show and really engage the audience. When they came to Atlanta with All That Remains a couple months ago, I hung out with their singer all night and just talked about music and shit. He knows his metal. Hell, he knows his music in general. Plus they were flipping out cause 1. I knew who they were, and 2. I had been a fan since the beginning. They were really grateful and just cool guys. Its just fun, sleazy hard rock with a heavy 80s influence. And their catch phrase is "Catchier than herpes" hahahaha

Oh and they are from Las Vegas. And the album is titled "Time to Burn" You can hear samples from all the songs on Roadrunner's website. I've heard most of the album from past demos they had on their myspace over the years and I promise you there will not be a bad song on that album. (Unless you hate good music lol)

That is great you hung out with them but I hate when people use the term "they know their metal".....anyone with an internet connection can "know their metal". If that is the case and they LOVE metal....why are they playing such a generic commercial version of it? What are they doing to help spread the word about bands "that they know about"? There is as much potential in this band as in any metalcore / slaeazy hard rock band out there....all it takes is money to back them and push them down the throat of metal fans and hope it sticks. Sorry, I dont buy into this stuff at all. I am sure we will see tons of thier disc at Best Buy's across the country and On the Sounds of the Underground tour this summer. Many tours with other bands that are being pushed by labels who really dont deserve the attention and in the end...they will be one of the many nameless bands who will have 80% of thier CD's filling up the used CD section of records stores while the next "new" band that knows thier metal are the new talk of the town.

Great just what we need. A Hard Rock version of Dragonforce. Cant wait to see their t-shirts in Hot Topic.

I can find a ton of other new bands playing the style, and much better than these guys.

Wasnt bad but wasnt anything Id consider the "next big thing", and thats coming from a diehard 80s Hard Rock style fanatic.

But the f-bombs make them EXTREME!!! AND they're confronting religion at the same time!!! That's fucking metal dude!!!

...right? That's the definition of metal...right?

...fuck yeah?