The Oakland A's Right Now...

They are a great story but I'm still too sad about the dodger game last night to care that much. I wouldn't mind if they won the series though I always like to root for the underdog :heh:

^fuck the dodgers!!

cool to see the a's knock off texas...would be great to get another bay bridge series, and see the giants get some payback for 89! :headbang:

I watched most of the A's game yesterday while reamping, before heading downtown to watch the Mariners/Angels close out the season. Nice to see the M's crush the Angels 12-0, even though the game was meaningless! Also Weaver only lasted an inning or so, and then Trout didn't even try to slide at home when Casper Wells gunned him down from right field. Granted, it was an awesome throw and Trout didn't want to risk injuring himself on the last day of the season, but the Angels all-around just looked very half-hearted. I also love the quotes from those two guys after the game:

Weaver: "I wanted to win a World Series. Once we found out we were out of it, I was kind of out of it, too. My body was just kind of shutting down, I just kind of felt it in the bullpen, the shoulder wasn’t really feeling up to par. It’s tough to turn it on for games like this."

Trout: "These last two games, when Oakland knocked us out, it was tough to stay concentrated, it’s tough to get motivated. It’s a long year, you work so hard, and all of a sudden you’re out of it, it’s tough."

Anyway, yeah, back to the A's... I never thought I would ever care at all about the A's, but I'm pulling for them in the playoffs first and foremost I think. I also wouldn't mind seeing Texas finally win their first title though, since last year was just heartbreaking for them, and I ALSO wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees win it, simply because it would make me happy to see Ichiro get a ring (Ichiro joining the Yankees is the only thing that could possibly make me feel that way though, haha). I also like the Tigers and the Orioles though, so I guess when it comes down to it, I have positive feelings towards all of the AL playoff teams, haha. Weird.

I live in the Washington Nationals zone, so lately it's been like no other teams even exist, media wise. What was the A's story?

The A's basically were 13 games behind division-leading Texas not long ago, and then they swept Texas in the final three-game series of the season yesterday, which meant they won the AL West title on the last day possible, by one game. Just insane considering Texas held the lead for the entire season!

http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-s-fan-group-demands-tarp-removal-3934194.php

Like I said, fuck Lew Wolff. This is not like when I talk shit about bible literalists/scientists, Republicans, right wingers, etc because deep down I love them. For Lew Wolff, however, I have genuine hatred for this asshole. Fuck that man. A's fans are pretty fucking loyal and this asshole is literally trying to run his own team out of town. What a fucking cocksmoker.

I hoped we would have a mammoth world series with those two teams, but it seems those Tigers forgot how to roar and the Giants are stepping all over them.

every team has bandwagon fans who only show up when they're winning, but the simple fact is that the giants have sold out almost every home game since at&t opened...probably because they keep winning :D

Correct, but the Giants are like an expansion team. Most of their fan base doesn't remember that not so long ago, the Giants were regularly drawing 1,200 people per game at Candlestick. They were 99.5% on their way to St Petersburg, Florida (spelling?). I mean they were out the door. Gone. No more SF Giants. And no one cared. Where were all these fans then?

everyone i knew in the bay was shitty about it

and then they signed barry bonds, ditched the stick, and it's been all good since

...except for that game 6 against anaheim