The shoes in the King Diamond post

Bands endorse clothing lines. Been going on for years. Who cares? If they want to make a living, they can do it however they want. Just like I can choose to, or not to, spend my money on it.

Yeah, seriously.

If you were in a band, and some shoe company asked to purchase the rights to produce shoes with your artwork, you would do it in a flash.

Not saying I am going to run out and buy them, but how is this different than a t-shirt, as someone said?

I get seriously TICKED OFF every time I see someone with a band t-shirt.
So.... I guess this means you never support any band you like by buying their shirt? Sorry, but most bands fund their tours and other activities with merchandise sales. God knows it isn't ticket sales or CD sales (at least through a label) If everyone thought like you, live music would END!

So.... I guess this means you never support any band you like by buying their shirt? Sorry, but most bands fund their tours and other activities with merchandise sales. God knows it isn't ticket sales or CD sales (at least through a label) If everyone thought like you, live music would END!

I could be wrong Rick but I think it was sarcasm directed at the OP.

What.

the.

fuck?????

Since when does music have ANYTHING to do with shoes?

Explain this trend to me.

I always thought most band shoes just looked plain stupid 99% of the time. They look like childish, hideous little kid's shoes that I'd never wear in a million years... but those MF shoes are waaayy awesome. And I mean, your argument is kinda silly. What does music have anything to with hats, shirts, patches, etc?

Honestly, even if he was serious and not sarcastic in his post, where does it put you in the right to tell someone what to buy? I'll never understand the dogmatism of musicians. He absolutely has every right to not support bands if he doesn't want to and I fail to see what the point is in you getting mad over it is! Cheer up! *hugs*