Theocracy's Anthem of the Cheat (Lebron joke song)

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I didn't see this posted here yet.

Theocracy makes the best joke songs. Recently they skewered Lebron in Anthem of the Cheat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw this posted on Facebook the day it was released and just assumed it had been posted here by Matt. As a Mavericks fan of course I loved it instantly, and can't get the chorus out of my head. :)

More importantly, have they put out a new album recently? Saw them open for Crimson Glory last fall and was hooked.

I appreciated it even more after I found the raw footage of Lebron predicting more than 7 championships:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a funny song, and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure why LeBron is a cheat...

I think the cheat thing has more to do with Miami trying to cheat to win, i.e. essentially buying a championship instead of earning it the hard way by getting better and better and playing like a team.

I think the cheat thing has more to do with Miami trying to cheat to win, i.e. essentially buying a championship instead of earning it the hard way by getting better and better and playing like a team.

Miami constructed their team within the league rules at the time. They lowered their payroll enough to be able to sign 3 of the better free agents. Miami is also a desirable market to live in for many of the players. If Utah or Minnesota would have had the same available money, they would have been lucky to get a second tier free agent and probably had to overpay.

A team gets better by players developing & adding new parts via the draft or free agency. Miami loaded up via free agency.

Disclaimer: I personally do not care for LeBron & or the Heat.